Chapter 9

I wake up to a dark room, looking around I see my closed curtains hiding the morning sun. I'm still in my clothes from yesterday and my eyes are puffy from tears. I guess I got up from the wall at some point and laid across my bed. I sigh, turning over and bring my hands up to my pillow. My moon shaped birthmark catches my eye, for a wolf to have a moon shaped birthmark you would think I'd be a better werewolf.

I slowly stand and push my messy and knotted silver hair out of my face. Hesitantly I move to my large window and peak out, the bright sunlight making me blink rapidly. When my eyes adjust I peak across the yard into the alphas room, dark curtains are pulled and hiding the rest of his room from me.

I frown remembering everything from yesterday, the thought making my heart sink into my stomach. I throw the curtains open, the light flooding the room as I step away. I lean against the wall and sigh, trying to figure out how to go about this day.

My eyes widen in realisation, it doesn't matter how I go about this day, it's Logan birthday! I quickly step over to my bed and pick up my phone, immediately going to his contact.

*happy 18th birthday Logan! I know you said you didn't want to go out tonight but I don't care we are doing something for your eighteenth birthday! I love you and love that you've always stood up and been there for me. I'll see you in a couple of hours, no buts! :) *

I try not to think about what Scar said, and then back tracked on, about Logan being my mate. I love him, but as a friend, if he does end up being my mate...maybe I'll change.

I send the text and start to get up but my phone vibrates. I look down to see Scar calling.

"Hey" I bring the phone up to my ear

"Hey, how are you?" She asks and I sigh

"I'm alright" not "how are you?" I don't know what it is but she seems different

"I don't know..." She trials off "you know that weird feeling in your chest when you know somethings going to happen? That's what I've been feeling all morning and a little all this past week, I don't know if it's good or bad" she tells me honestly

"Hum..." I ponder on her words "well it'll be ok, how was ur grandmas yesterday?" I ask, changing the subject to hopefully get her mind off of whatever she's feeling

"Fine, it was really weird though, she told me about this profacy, you know how she is with her stories" she tells me and I nod remembering her stories when we were younger "anyways it was about some black female wolf-"

At her words I freeze, my heart leaps into my throat, causing my breath to become nonexistent "what" I gasp out

"Yeah it was totally crazy" she brushes it off

"What did it say?" I ask in a hurry needing to know if it's possible that it's about me or maybe there's someone else out there

"Just crazy bull shit, a femal black wolf isn't even possible" she laughs while I keep my straight face anyways

"Yeah...I guess so" my heart still pounding,

"Anyways, I was thinking about going to see Logan in an hour or so" she says and I'm a little surprised, they get along most of the time but they bicker, which is always entertaining