Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

A visit to Hogsmeade and Words of Comfort

After the snowball fight, Sirius and I walked back to Hogsmeade soaking wet, though Sirius was in dog form so it didn’t bother him much.

“Hm. I still win though!” I laughed, and ‘Snuffles’ shook his head. I frowned.

“Fine. Have it your way then.” I said as we entered Hogsmeade again, just as Remus, Caiden and Harry were leaving. Caiden ran up to hug me, but stopped when he saw I was soaked.

“What happened?” Remus asked, and I pointed at Sirius, who gave a dog-like grin back at me. I was explaining the snowball fight when a flash of brown hair caught my eye.

“Oh! Excuse me, one moment.” I said, running off to follow Tonks.

“Tonks! Dora! Ton- NYMPHADORA!” I cried, and Tonks turned around, her gloom face breaking out into annoyance, until she saw me.

“Don’t call me Nypmha- Lily! I thought I wouldn’t get to see you!” She cried, hugging me. I smiled.

“I’ve been busy. How are things going?”

“They’ve been ok. I’m sorry I haven’t seen you since the train ride, but things are so busy right now... how are things with Draco?” She asked, and I grimaced. 

“We broke up the first day.” I shrugged, and Tonks wrapped an arm around me.

“I’m so sorry Lils, that’s an awful way to start the year. I’m sure it’ll get better though, right?” She said, and I nodded.

“Of course, sure it will.” I sighed, when Sirius trotted up to us, his head in the air and his tail wagging. Tonks gasped.

“Sir- Snuffles? What are you doing here?” She asked, and we heard calls from behind us as Remus and Caiden walked up. Tonks paled, and I patted her back.

“Why not you go on?” I suggested, and she smiled gratefully.

“Thanks Lily. Bye!” She called, hugging me one last time before jogging off. Remus sighed, watching her dreamily, and I smacked him over the head.

“What was that for?” He asked, and I crossed my arms.

“For being an absolute git, Remus Lupin. That’s what it was for.” I said matter-of-factly, and before Remus could get another word out I grabbed Caiden, and he, Sirius and I made our way to honeydukes, leaving Remus thinking about Tonks. 

Hopefully that’ll knock some sense into him.

OOOoooOOOoooOOO

I was sorting through the books in the library, trying to find one to read. I don’t visit the library often, but it was one of those days where it was too cold to go outside, and there’s no where to go.

“Romeo and Juliet?” A voice asked from behind me, and I turned to look at Fred Weasley. I nodded, stepping off of the stool.

“Yup. Classic romance.” I said, and Fred considered it before shaking his head.

“I don’t think I will ever read that. Ever.” He said, and I let out a small laugh.

“Sure you don’t Weasley. What are even doing here, by the way?” I asked, puzzled. Fred and George had left last year. He should be at the store.

“Visiting. Maybe scouting for a new place. Just needed a break.” He shrugged, and I nodded.

“And you came to the library, why?”