Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Sitting at the dining room table, I watched as Draco answered question after question, most pertaining to Snape. After all, before he had ‘betrayed’ us, he was an Order member and had full acknowledge of Draco’s alliance. It was only until Draco had said that Snape had made an unbreakable vow with Dumbledore to not tell anyone of Draco’s involvement that people calmed down.

Draco was staring down at the table with a bored expression as he answered the many questions, and I was slightly irritated that he had yet to even acknowledge my existence. I slid down in my chair as Remus stood up and announced that it was time for Caiden to get to bed, and I didn’t look at Sirius as no doubt he would expect me to do the same.

“Lily..”

“Sirius..”

“Bed. Now.” He said sternly, and I let out an irritated groan before pulling myself out of my chair. How could it be that someone who's been killed twice and has incredible knowledge of the future still have a bedtime? As I was walking out of the room I heard another sound of a chair moving before Sirius broke through.

“Nuh-uh, you stay put, Malfoy. I’m not done with you yet.”

“Sirius, let the poor boy go-”

“Molly!” 

“Sirius.”

“Fine.” I heard Sirius grumble, and I smiled slightly, shaking my head at him before continuing my way upstairs, humming quietly. I caught Draco following me out of the corner of my eye, and hiding a smile I turned around abruptly, eyebrows raised.

“Hey.”

“I- hi..” Draco paused, looking somewhat startled before he shook it off. “How are you?”

“Oh, I’m alright. Sill recovering from being pushed into a fireplace and sent away against my will, but, you know.” I shrugged, eyes narrowing. “It happens.”

“I know. And I’m sorry-”

I raised my hand, cutting him off. “Say no more.”

“Lily-”

“It’s fine, Draco. I understand.” I sighed, smiling wryly. “I should go, anyways. Got to get to bed.”

“Ah. Night, Lily.”

“Night Draco.” I returned, nodding awkwardly before escaping upstairs as quick as I could and shutting the door behind me.

__

The next few days passed quickly enough. Now that Draco was back, people had calmed down knowing that their cover hadn’t been blown.

Draco kept to himself, staying in his room and really only coming out every so often upon urging from Molly. Now that was also something that surprised all of us.

 I had figured that no one would want to welcome Draco, being a Malfoy at all, and while they were still a bit wary around him they seemed to have some respect. Molly flocked around him like a mother hen, insisting that he eat and that ‘A name doesn’t make a person’. Of course, he hadn't been a very nice person when they met him in previous years.

 Harry had been moved back to Private Drive, Hermione to her parent’s and Ron to the burrow along with Ginny, causing both Mrs. Weaingsley’s and Arthur’s visits to lessen. Sirius spent most his time hovering over Draco and I or watch over Caiden, as both Remus and Tonks  had been spending more and more time with each other, Tonks's hair already going back to her signature hot pink.

“Hey, Potter.” Draco greeted as he entered the room, and I rolled my eyes. Since he had gotten back from Malfoy Manor he had started referring to me as Potter to help blur the current memories with old ones incase Voldemort ever ended up searching his mind. He would hopefully just see the snide greeting as one between him and Harry and pass over it, instead of seeing me. I was mildly skeptically of the idea, but there weren't any others.

Potterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें