Chapter Four

A.N. More cast announcements! Lily Collins has been cast as Vienna, because I just adore thick eyebrows. Is it a right fit? How do you all feel about Vienna, anyway? Is she a bit too vulgar, sexual? Haha, I apologise in advance for her rudeness. Here we go again...

Chapter Four:

Ditch with me! I clicked send.

My phone buzzed just after: I'll be at yours in a few. It was from Benedicta, one of my closest friends. Do you mind if Vienna comes with?

It was too awful being stuck in the house alone all day. I was regretting leaving school so early on in the day, everyone else would still be there and I would be stuck in this crappy mansion with nothing but an unlimited credit card to keep me warm.

I was angry with Vienna for actually talking to Sam, but I decided to get over it. I was flawless, so I was forgiving.

Sure, but where's Max? I messaged her. Max was my best friend, and although I had a small crush on him a few years ago, it went away. It started some rumours, because apparently our relationship looked too "buddy-buddy," but he was only a friend, after that. I still see him as this stunning sex-god, but I didn't exactly want to go much farther than think about him.

He's with some new kid. Last I saw him, they were going to History like best friends.

I felt a lump building up in my throat. I hated Sam even more. If he tries to take Max from me, I'll rip out those chocolate brown eyes and crush them in my hands. Then, just to punish Max, I'd do the exact same thing to him. I don't care how sexy and green his eyes are; I don't care how warm and chocolatey Sam's eyes are. I'd rip them out without a second thought. I hope.

Is it Sam? I hate that kid so much. Just hurry the fuck up, okay, bitch? I'm bored.

The reply was from Vienna: I told you this morning to get that twig out your arse, Ari. If you don't I'll pull it out myself. Sam's nice, you just need to forget about how you met.

I don't want to know him. I don't like him, it's not just about how we met. I just hate everything about him.

Why? Vienna asked. I didn't feel like I needed to give an answer. If I was honest, I didn't have one. There was just... something I didn't like. Something in my gut told me to stay away from him, and my gut was flawless, and therefore always correct.

I just don't, I replied simply.

That's it, Ari! I'm sick of you already! I'm bringing Sam over with me.

Fuck. No! I didn't want that in my house, I didn't even want that on my street! Why would she do this to me? Were they friends, already? Did they have some kind of pact to destroy me? That sounds like the usual jealousy that follows me everywhere I go. Oh Lorde (the only true lord is Lorde) why must I suffer such trials and tribulations?

No. I don't want to see him. I'll tell Winnie not to let you in.

I didn't get any more replies. I gave a destitute sigh, and sat up on my black bed and just relaxed. I hated it when Vienna did this to me. She was too controlling, all the time, and it was fucking annoying.

I hopped off of my black leather, king-sized (more like queen-sized because, let's be serious, I am a serious fucking queen) bed and scoured my room for my headphones. If I have to endure Sam in my house, I'll need a little help from Bring Me The Horizon.

They weren't on my desk, or near my laptop. They weren't on my chest-of-drawers or my wardrobe, they weren't on my black bed or my bed-side table. I bent down on my knees, down onto the ebony carpet, and checked under my bed.