2.

Last day of summer and I am working.

The book store is packed since people want their reading material for their classes and the college kids are panic buying everything in here. I love literature; it paints a picture, a photo and photography is a passion of mine and it's a job that helps me earn some money in this place. I only have to work a couple more hours and then Tyler will come and pick me up and we will go and sunbathe in his garden while the weather is still kind to us.

"Do you have Great Expectations?" I heard a voice say from behind me. I put down the books I was collecting for an order and turned around to find Tyler's older brother, Lucas.

"We do."  I said acting as if he were another customer, I can't tear him down here either because I can't lose my job. I turned around and started to walk to the 'Classic Literature' section, I scanned the books while Lucas remained silent and found a leather bound copy we had, I dragged it out of its confines and turned around to hand it to Lucas.

"College assignment?" I asked as we walked down to the till.

"Nope, I have just lost my other copy." He said smiling down at me since he is the size of a freaking giant.

"I didn't take you for a Dickens fan." I stated, kind of impressed.

"Yup well that's me." He smirked. "Where's the puppy?" Lucas asked.

"The puppy?" I questioned.

"My baby brother, where is he?" Lucas asked again, I sighed and glared at him slightly for tormenting his brother even though he wasn't there.

"He's not a puppy." I responded, I will defend Tyler until the last breath.

"That's what you think, I see the way he is with you this past week, he dotes on you. You have him eating out of the palm of your hand and you know it." Lucas says.

"You're ridiculous." I fought.

"No sweetheart, I am observant." Lucas said winking.

"I highly doubt that." I said.

"You'll see." He smirked, yet again and walked out of the shop, taking his purchase and receipt with him. I growled underneath my breath and went back to collecting that order for the woman coming in to collect.

After collecting everything and exchanging it with the woman, Tyler came and collected me. I climbed into his warm car with my things and we headed for his house. The Matthews residence wasn't that far from where I work which was another contributing factor to working at the book store; it meant that I didn't have to travel far to see him. Yes, we are that couple who constantly spends time with each other- we were friends before we got together and that's never going to go away. I lay on a soft towel amongst the grass and flowers underneath the hot sun, topping up my tan before we go back on Monday.

"You excited to go back to school Riley?" Tyler's mother asked.

"Not really." I smiled.

"I wouldn't expect so." She responded. "Senior year is tough."

"I know Helen."

"You're going to have to really work hard, harder than you usually do." She said, smiling down on me with that motherly smile you see in the movies.

"I know." I smiled. Helen is like a second mother to me; she is always pushing me to be my best and more, kind of like my own parents do but because I am not actually her daughter she is more abrupt and isn't afraid of telling me what she thinks. It's what I love about her.

"Good afternoon people!" The peace is shattered, I repeat, the peace is shattered. Every day this week Lucas freaking Matthews has come in and disrupted the Utopia I have shrouded myself in. Since Tyler is lying right next to me there is no point in cursing Lucas out because Tyler will drag me away before I can get a good word in.