Pursuit

A/N: new cover but same story never fear!

Draco

"Where is she?" Draco growled to the offending party in front of him.  Upon feeling his mate's pain and panic through their bond, Draco had gone into a frenzy searching for her.  He blamed himself for leaving her alone in a castle that was clearly not safe, and his veela was furious.  Upon realizing that Hermione was not within their shared dormitories, Draco had felt her leave the wards and realized that he had been too late.  In that instant, he saw red.  

Draco moved employed the usage of his veela powers in order to get to the Slytherin dormitories as fast as he could.  Upon entrance, Draco had slammed the door shut behind him, and subsequently trapped all occupants of the common room within the walls.  

"Where. Is.  She." Draco ground out through clenched teeth.  Every Slytherin present cowered back in fear.  Waves of danger were emanating off of the blond veela in front of them and no one wanted to risk being too close.  "I won't ask again."

One of the braver first years stepped forward.  "Ummm..excuse me?"  Draco's narrowed gaze met the frightened orbs of the youngster before him.  

"Yes?" he spat out.

"Did you check your rooms?" Upon seeing that the blond didn't respond as he had hoped, the small boy cowered behind an upper year student nearby. 

"Of course.  I am a Malfoy and not some common sewer rat with the brain of a weasel.  If I had not already exhausted all my possible resources, then there would be no reason for me to be here now would there?"  No one dared answer his question.  

"I know all about your little plans for the Dark Lord's followers.  Don't even bother trying to deny it.  I'm fairly certain that this treachery of taking what's mine is only because you believe that it will help your standing with the older Death Eaters.  Well you're wrong.  You can't be much help if you're dead now can y-"

"Mr. Malfoy.  Cease this at once.  You will follow me," the deep voice of his godfather drawled behind him.

"But Profes-"

"Not another word.  Now come with me and we will figure out who or what has taken Hermione."  Visibly disgruntled, Draco followed, but he shot a predatory glare back at the students that had dared to look relieved.  He would deal with them later.  

"Sev pick up the pace to wherever we are going.  I need to find her.  She's hurting."  A pained look crossed his face, and a brief moment of weakness was displayed by a Malfoy.  

"Draco stop."  Both men stopped dead in their tracks.  Severus reached into his black traveling cloak, and pulled out an envelope, marked with his godson's name.  He handed the parchment over to the veela.  "This arrived five minutes ago from St. Mungo's hospital."

Draco paled, and ripped open the letter.

Dear Mr. Malfoy,

Regretfully, we write to inform you of your father's escape from our warded section of the hospital.

He awoke abruptly this afternoon, and upon realizing his surroundings fought every nurse on the second floor before he made his escape.  He is a powerful man, and I fear for the life of you and your mate.  Please be sure that necessary precautions are taken.

We have notified the aurors and hope that this letter finds you well.

Sincerely,

Bartholomew Mindlestep

Head of Relations

St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

As Draco finished the letter in front of him, he knew where to look for his mate.   He turned on his heel away from his godfather, and burst into a full-out sprint. Trap be damned, he was finding Hermione. No matter what.