The Third Fall

Wands flew back and forth as spells were cast between the two wizards.  Draco took a defensive stance in front of his mate and was using his already drained energy to shield him and Hermione from harm.  

     Streams of light collided in mid air.  Hermione managed to perform wandless magic in an attempt to distract Lucius from his son.  Hermione gave a small grunt with the effort that it caused her.  Draco was momentarily distracted by his mate's distress, and that was the opening that Lucius needed.  

     A green jet of light shot out of the end of his wand and hit the young veela square in the back.  A killing curse had found its mark.  Draco's eyes connected with Hermione's before a bloodcurdling screech was heard.

"NOOOO!" Hermione wailed as she attempted to catch the crumbling body.

Draco fell for Hermione for the third and final time.

Lucius paused in his attack, and Hermione grabbed tightly to the cold, lifeless body of her lover.  Dead in her arms.  She looked up with rage in her eyes.

"You.  You did this to him.  How could you??" she snarled.  

"No son of mine will ever be mated to such filth as you," Lucius spat.  "You are the scum of the earth, and I had hoped to kill you to make him perish from sadness.  Looks like you made the job easier for me mudblood.  Now, before we were so rudely interrupted," Lucius looked down at Hermione's defiant stare, "where were we."  

     Disregarding his son's lifeless body, Lucius roughly grabbed Hermione's ill-covered form.  She clung to Draco's body as tightly as she could.  A part of her was missing and everything felt a hundred times more powerful.

"NO," she cried, "you can't do this."

"Looks like I've already won."

Lucius had spelled Draco's body away from his son's mate, and was advancing towards her slowly.  Simultaneously, he had managed to remove his trousers and stood bare from the waist down before her.  

Frightened beyond reason, Hermione backed as far away as she could.  There's no one to save me now.  Lucius lunged and pinned the small girl's body underneath his.  There was no escape.

Lucius had begun to touch the girls body, and ran his hands all over her exposed skin.  Hermione had begun to weep louder at this occurrence.  The stress became too much for her and she fell unconscious, completely at the mercy of one Lucius Malfoy.

Unbeknownst to either of them, a figure was stirring in the corner of the cell.  A beast had awoken from it's artificial slumber and had come to save its mate.  The feral side of Draco had taken over his body completely at the distress of its mate.  Hermione was in danger, and Draco's veela side had pulled him back from the world of the dead to keep her safe.

Draco looked like a demon.  Before Hermione could be violated, Draco again leaped in to save the day.  Quicker than the human eye could detect, Lucius was dead with a gaping wound in his neck spewing blood.  

Disregarding the body, Draco hurried to his mate's side, gathered her up in his arms, and breathed in her scent.  She's safe, he thought.  Draco allowed his wings to remain aloft as he carried his angel away from the horrible place.  

Hermione, feeling different, began to stir.  Brown eyes met silver.  

"What, but how?  You were dead!" she questioned in awe.

"I told you that I would never leave you.  You're mine, and I will always keep you safe.  No matter what."  With that, he carried her off of the property and apparated the two of them back to Hogwarts grounds.

They lived happily ever after.

He was a veela after all ;)

A/N: Thank you so so so so so much for staying along for the ride.  I know that it has been a long time coming for me to update this story and I am glad to say that it is finally finished!!  Thank you so much to everyone that has read!! I love to hear your feedback so if you have time please let me know what you thought!  I know the ending could have been dragged out a little more but I thought that this story had run its course and needed to be put away.  Thank you so much again everyone you guys are why I do this!!