Chapter 27

Hey guys don't forget to vote and comment!

I was thinking about posting a playlist that I usually listen to when I write this story. Let me know if you guys are interested.

xoxo

-----------------------------------------------------------

I had no idea about how long I held on to him. Being with him was such a rollercoaster ride, but I didn't want it to end. He scared me. I was scared about living my life without him being in it. I was scared to fall in love with him.

I was about to let go of him, but as soon as I lifted my head from his chest to look at him, he looked at me with the relief. I felt like my confession of being with him somehow made his pain a little easier to bare.

Farid didn't let go of my waist so I brought my hands back to remove his hands but instead he grabbed my hands and pulled me closer.

'What are you doing to me Laila?... you are driving me crazy' He said looking at me like a prize he'd won.

'What did I do?' I lifted my eyes to meet his.

'I can't breathe without you' He said with absolute clarity.

'Me too' I whispered. 

His face leaned into mine and that time I didn't pull back. Our lips were about to touch when his phone started ringing.

'You should take that' I turned to him.

'It can wait' He leaned in again to kiss me.

'It might be important' 

'Fine' He said weakly and picked up the call. 

His face suddenly filled up with rage and he started shouting at the person on the phone. I have never seen him so mad.

He ended the call and it felt like he is about to kill someone.

'Are you okay?' I asked him.

He didn't answer.

'Farid' I said more quietly this time.

'Go' Farid gripped onto the chair that was close to him.

'Farid...what is it?'

'I said fucking go away' He shouted at me and I shivered at his voice. 

Tears rolled down my face.

'Fuck...Laila...' He turned around to avoid looking at me.

I didn't say anything after that and went inside my room. What was wrong with Farid? I mean seriously ...how can a person be hot and cold at the same time.

After few minutes I heard the car engine and I knew Farid was gone.

It was almost midnight and I was starting to get worried. I called him twice, but his phone was switched off both time.

I couldn't sleep without knowing what was going on with Farid. Was he okay? 

I didn't know when I went to sleep until I heard someone's voice coming from downstairs. It wasn't Farid instead, I heard a girl's voice. I walked downstairs and saw a very drunk Farid and Melissa was holding onto him.

'What happened?' I asked Melissa because Farid was too wasted to answer any of my questions.

'Just let me put him down first' 

We took Farid into his room and immediately went to sleep. Melissa and I walked outside.

'What happened to him?' I asked her again.