Chapter 48

Please please comment and vote (especially my adorable silent readers...lol) Thank you <3

Picture of the wedding venue ^^ 

-----------------------------------------------------------

The venue was absolutely stunning, elegant and simply classy. It looked as if someone took out a page from a fairy tale book and turned it into a reality.

'Wow' My little brother said, unlike us, he was more vocal about his feelings.

'Man, your fiance has a great taste, I must say' Sobia added with her eyes wide open, it made me feel so proud of Farid. He didn't go overboard with the decoration, but the venue itself looked magical, just how I envisioned it in my dreams.

'Looks like most of the guests are here' My mother walked passed us to greet some of the families she invited.

'Let me take you to the restroom and retouch your makeup' Sobia quickly grabbed me by the hand and dragged me to my bridal restroom, giving me no time to look for Farid, was he here?

After retouching my makeup, Sobia told me to wait in the room so she could go and make sure everything was ready. I just wanted to see Farid before I see him in the aisle.

'Looking for someone' I heard a very lovely voice, when I looked up in the mirror, I saw my Farid's reflection in it. He was dressed in a dark gray colored tuxedo, his hair was cut shorter and was styled nicely in side part undercut.

'Are you here for real or am I imagining you?' I smiled, still looking at him through the mirror, afraid that if I turned, he would disappear.

'You tell me' He walked closer and placed both of his hands on my shoulder. I instantly turned around to face him.

'You are here' I whispered.

'Where else would I go?' He placed his hand on my cheek and looked intensely in my eyes.

I smiled at his words and placed my hand on his cheek and pulled him a bit closer.

'The day you left me I thought everything was over...' He closed his eyes. I never imagined he felt that much pain.

'Even I was scared, I thought I lost you forever' It was so hard to stop myself from crying, today is a happy day, I won't cry...I kept telling myself.

'Just promise me...you'll never leave me again ...ever...' Farid asked.

'You too, don't ever leave ...or else...' Before I could finish, Farid took me in his arms and held me tightly.

'You should go now...or else Sobia will catch you, and she is a complete bridesmaidzilla' I joked.

'She is worse than your mom sometimes' He complained.

'Oh hush...she's the best...and by the way where is my wedding gift?' I teased him.

'Oh I didn't know you wanted it now, doesn't it come after wedding day' He pulled me by the waist, leaving almost no distance between us.

'No, I wasn't talking about that...Farid ...let go...please' I said annoyingly which he found rather amusing.

'No babe common, you requested something...it's my duty to listen to your wishes...' He laughed and kissed my cheeks and forehead.

'Farid, okay fine...I am sorry, I don't need any gifts from you okay...let go' I laughed but he didn't move.

'And now for the grand gift' His laugh suddenly disappeared and his eyes shifted to my lips and I completely lost track of time.

'Farid' I said in a low voice.

'Shh... He stopped me and started moving closer, in response, my eyes closed naturally.

'Okay Laila everything is ready' Sobia walked into the room, yelling and before she could spot us in an awkward situation, I pushed Farid back.

'Wait, what are you doing here?' Sobia began her cross-examination with Farid.

'Laters love' Farid winked and pushed by Sobia on purpose to tick her off some more.

'Jeez, he's so desperate...I mean seriously, he waited that long, can't he wait for few more hours' Sobia started fixing my veil before we stepped in the hall.

My mother held me close to her while she walked me down the aisle to Farid. When I reached the stage, Farid extended his hands and helped me to reach the stage.

'Ready?' Farid asked, smiling widely before sitting down.

'Yes, you?' I fixed my dress and took sat right next to him.

'Never been more ready' He responded.

The Imam began reciting some beautiful quotes about love and compassion from the Quran. He then started the Nikkah ceremony and asked both of us if we take each other to be our life long partners to which we obviously said yes too. The ceremony ended peacefully and guests started coming in to give us their blessing.

I could tell Farid felt a little awkward meeting all these people, but he stayed by the side and remained calm. After having dinner and hearing fun and heart touching toasts from close family and friends, one of the most beautiful day of my life came to an end.

'Okay, we'll see you guys tomorrow night' Mr. Ibrahim reminded us. He was throwing a post-wedding reception party for us.

'Yeah, although I told you multiple times not to do it' Farid fired back.

'It'll be fun' I added in and Mr. Ibrahim looked relieved.

'Okay, lets go' Farid held my hand so we could go home.

'You got everything right?' My mother asked Sobia to make sure all of my stuff was packed and stored in Farid's car.

'Yes, Rafay just put in the last box...all done' Sobia commented when she saw Rafay re-entering the hall.

'Okay, here are your keys' Rafay threw Farid's key to him.

'Thanks man, I appreciate it' Farid shook Rafay's hand and patted his shoulder.

'Take care okay...I'll see you tomorrow...' My mother was crying.

'Ammi, see what you did?' I wiped away my tears and embraced my mother.

'I promise I'll take care of her' Farid assured her before taking my hand and guiding me towards his car. I waved at my family and friends as Farid started the engine and started driving to our home.