19

"Strucker's dead," was the first thing we heard as we entered.

Clint looked confused, "How? He's in a SHIELD prison,".

Tony swiveled a screen to face us. It showed a man laying on the floor propped up against the wall dead with the word 'PEACE' written in his blood a foot or two above his head.

I blinked and walked over to Steve, who was talking to a woman that was introduced to me as Maria.

"He's fast and she's weird," I heard her finish saying as I approached.

"Hey Delta," Steve said looking over at me.

"What's their background?" He asked, switching his attention to her as they started walking again.

I wandered back to Clint.

I chattered at him and yawned, "I'm going to go take Delta back to my room so she can rest up until Bruce and Cho are finished calibrating the machine. I'll be back," he said getting up from his seat.

He putting a hand on the shoulder of my arm, "Let's go Delta." Clint said and started walking, I lazily trailed behind him.

We walked in the elevator, which opened to a hall of doors.

Clint started walking and opened the door that led to his room.

He nodded his head to the doorway, "Come on Delta you're tired let's get you some sleep,".

I yawned and walked through the door somewhat hunched over with my tail lazily swinging behind me.

I moved into the kitchen and curled up on my mattress.

Clint walked over and gave my muzzle a small pet, "I'll be back when Bruce finishes with the machine to heal you,".

I chattered in acknowledgment, closing my eyes.

He sighed; I listened to his steps leave the room and close the door leaving me in a slight darkness and complete silence.

I fell asleep easily and comfortably.