Part 1

Hey guys! So this is a short(ish) story about Chloe and Paige. It'll be about 5 parts long give or take. Depending on how long I make it and how long it takes to get to the end. I really like this and I hope you guys do too!

~Holly :)

Part 1

Brooke stood outside her younger sister's door. Banging on it. She had heard her sister crying from her room next door."Paige, please open the door. Let me in." Brooke called through door, her forehead rested against the wood and her hands curled in fists resting by her head.

She heard shuffling from the other side of the door and then she heard the lock click. She opened the door to find Paige curled up in a ball and the foot of her bed, her cheeks red and tear stained. She didn't even look at Brooke when she walked over.

Brooke sat down next to Paige who continued to sob into her knees. "Paigey what's wrong?" Brooke asked quietly. She wrapped her arm around Paige's shoulder and pulled her into her, wrapping both arms around Paige's body.

They were home alone as it was the only spare time away from dance so her mom decided to go and watch Josh's hockey game as she never got to go and see them. Brooke and Paige had school work to catch up on so they didn't go. Paige just continued to sob into Brooke's chest. Brooke was getting worried, Paige wouldn't tell her what was wrong so she could help her younger sister.

"Do you want something to eat? Something to drink?" Brooke asked again. Trying to get her sister to talk. When Paige made no move to talk or even acknowledge that Brooke had spoken Brooke decided to get her some things anyway. She made her way downstairs and walked into the kitchen, she searched the place for some food in the end she made Paige a sandwich and grabbed her a glass of water and brought it to Paige.

Brooke opened the door with her foot to find Paige in the same spot she left her, Brooke wasn't surprised. "Come on Paige, I brought you some food." Brooke nudged the plate towards her, Paige raised her head and picked up the plate. She then threw it across the room and wrapped her arms around herself again.

Moody 14 year old. Brooke thought to herself as the plate smashed against the wall. Paige crawled onto Brooke's lap and cried into her shoulder. Brooke rubbed circles on her back and whispered soothing words into her ear. Something was seriously wrong if Paige was acting like this.

Soon enough Paige's sobs quietened down and she had fallen asleep. Brooke looked at her phone, it was only 5 in the afternoon. Brooke lifted Paige up and carried her to her bed. She gently laid her down and pulled the covers over her. Brooke could where she had been crying, she could see the dried tear lines down her sisters cheeks.

Brooke cleared up the plate, she made sure to make as little noise as possible. She chucked it all away and drank the water that Paige hadn't. Once she was done she made her way back upstairs to Paige's room. She walked in to hear Paige talking in her sleep.

Brooke carefully walked over and crouched down behind her. "Stop, please." Paige cried. "Please, I didn't do anything to you." Brooke couldn't stand it anymore, she climbed into the bed next to Paige and pulled her close. Paige immediately moved as close to Brooke as she could, wrapping her arms around her. Brooke held her tightly and rested her chin on her head. Brooke closed her eyes and fell asleep.

She was awoken by someone shaking her shoulder, she slowly opened her eyes, she attempted to stretch only to find that Paige was in the way. She looked up to see her mom looking down at them, a trace of a smile on her face.

"What are you in here?" She asked Brooke quietly. Brooke didn't want to tell her mom that Paige had been upset.

"Paige was having a bad dream so I came and comforted her and I guess I fell asleep." Brooke whispered. She didn't want to wake Paige up.

This time Kelly smiled "Look at you being all big sisterly. Well I just came to tell you that tomorrow Josh and his hockey time have a day out and as we have no dance, your dad and I will be going. Do you want to come or stay? We have to leave early if you want to come." Kelly explained.

"Paige and I'll stay here. We still have school work to catch up on." Brooke smiled. Kelly nodded and left the room, leaving Brooke and Paige alone. Brooke looked at her phone squinting when the light came on as she was used to the dark. The time was 11, they had been asleep for 6 hours. Brooke looked down at her younger sister. She looked so peaceful and happy, Brooke smiled before pulling her close again, closing her eyes and slowly falling asleep.