Part 6

Part 6

Maddie sat against the mirrors with the other 3 in the middle. They had been learning the trio, Abby was screaming about how it wasn’t professional for a 14 year old to run out crying and how the other two shouldn't have chased after her. None of them listened as she screamed, they sat down against the mirrors with Maddie while Abby continued to teach the trio.

Chloe and Paige sat a little away from Brooke and Maddie, Paige had her head rested on Chloe’s shoulder as they watched Abby teach the trio. After they watched Abby teach the trio for about half an hour she called Maddie up to work on her solo and for Brooke to stretch in the corner so that she could teach her the solo straight after Maddie’s.

After Brooke’s solo she ordered everyone out of the room except Paige and Chloe to work on the duet. Everyone left the room except Chloe and Paige. Abby called them both over to the mats. “What was that all about?” Abby asked. Paige looked over at Chloe with watery eyes.

“It doesn’t matter anymore, we fixed it.” Chloe rushed. She knew Paige wouldn’t want Abby to know.

“Are you sure?” Abby asked, grabbing Paige and Chloe’s hands. Both girls nodded. “Now, the duet, so do you guys know about bullying?” Both girls nodded again. They moved to the centre of the room and Abby joined them. Abby explained the movements of the dance. Paige was to come on stage first, she did a set on turns and then a leap to the ground. Then Chloe would come on and leap over to Paige and help her up. They would do some leaps together and then a set of turns in which about half way through Paige would fall to the ground with her hands in front of her face.

The rest of the dance went on like this until the end in which Paige finally listens to Chloe and they do everything together and both go off together. Abby spent the next hour teaching the girls the dance and perfecting it. When the hour was up Abby dismissed Chloe and called Paige to come and sit by her. She was sitting on the seats they had used for the Rosa Parks dance.

“Paige.” Abby started. “Would you like to tell me what’s wrong?” She asked quietly.

Paige shock her head quickly. “Nothing’s wrong.”

Abby looked at her with a ‘are you kidding me’ look. “Paige, I have known you since the day you were born. I know when something’s bothering you.”

Paige sighed. “Promise you won’t tell anyone. Not even mom.”

“I promise.” Abby placed her hand over her heart.

Paige took a deep breath. “I’ve been having problems at school.”

"What kind of problems Paige?" Abby asked worried.

"There this girl, her names Haley and she-" Paige stopped, wiping the tears from her eyes and taking a deep breath. "She bullies me." Paige couldn't look at Abby.

"Is that why you ran off? Because you connect with the duet on an emotional level?" Paige nodded. Abby wrapped Paige into a hug. “Paige, everyone is here for you. Don’t think for a second you have no-one to talk too. You have your mom and Chloe and Christi and most importantly you have Brooke. She wants to help you, if you let her in.” Paige nodded. Abby dismissed her and sent her into the dancers den.

The only ones left from the group where Brooke and Chloe. Everyone else had gone home as it was late and didn’t have any more classes. Chloe hugged Paige and then left with her mom leaving Brooke and Paige alone. Paige sat down next to Brooke and grabbed her hand.

“Can I talk to you?” Paige asked. Just at that point Kelly came down and told them it was time to go. They silently walked out to the car and made their way home. The car ride home was very quiet, every few seconds Brooke looked into the rear view mirror at Paige. Paige stared out the window the entire ride home.

Kelly pulled into the driveway and they all got out of the car. Brooke walked up the stairs to her room with Paige following. She held the door open as Paige stepped through before shutting it and sitting on the bed. Paige sat down next to Brooke and flung her arms around her neck. She cried into Brooke’s shoulder, Brooke wrapped her arms around Paige and comforted her until she calmed down.

Paige took some deep breaths and sat back, wiping the tears from her eyes. “Sorry.” She whispered.

Brooke grabbed her hand. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

Brooke raised her eyebrow when Paige took a break. “I need some advice.”