Part 3

Part 3

They finished the ice-cream and they sat in awkward silence. Chloe noticed that Paige was becoming upset again. She decided it was best if she and Paige where alone, Paige hopefully would be more open to her if she was alone. Brooke noticed what was going on and politely excused herself to go and finish a school project. Chloe knew she was probably go and eavesdrop outside the door but she didn’t really care. Paige was Brooke’s younger sister, of course she’s worried about her sister. Especially since she was sitting her in room balling her eyes out.

They sat in silence for a while watching the TV. Finally Chloe couldn’t take it anymore and turned the TV off. She shifted herself so that she was facing Paige. “Now, what’s wrong?” Chloe asked.

Paige’s eyes started to water. “Haley.” Paige pulled her knees up to her chest.

“Haley?”  Chloe asked. It took a moment to realise who it was Paige was talking about. “You mean?” Paige nodded. “They girl who?” Paige nodded again. “What happened?”  Chloe asked moving closer to Paige.

“It’s getting worse, and I don’t know what to do and I can’t tell anyone.” Paige cried.

“Paige, you need to tell someone.” Chloe said, wrapping her arm around Paige. 

“I can’t! If I do it’ll only make it worse!” Paige said.

“Paige, this’ll keep going on unless you do something.” Chloe comforted Paige squeezing her tightly.

"I'm scared Chloe." Paige whispered.

"I know Paige, I know" Chloe rubbed Paige's shoulder. They sat in silence for a while, just enjoying each other’s company. Chloe was the next one to speak. “Hey! I know, why don’t we have a sleepover! We could invite the girls and have a massive slumber party! You game?” Chloe asked.

Paige was silent for a while and for a moment Chloe thought Paige hadn’t heard her. “Okay, but please don’t tell them about Haley.” Paige whispered.

“Promise.” Chloe stuck out her pinkie which Paige locked hers with.

“Thank you.” Paige whispered wrapping Chloe in a hug. “But I have to ask mom.”

“She said yes!” Brooke screamed through the wall. Both girls jumped and screamed hugging each other before bursting into laughter. Brooke opened the door and grinned at the girls. “Who shall we call first?” Brooke asked still grinning. The younger girls grinned back.

They called all the girls and invited them over for the sleepover. They all asked their parents who all said yes. Brooke went downstairs and grabbed snacks and drinks and took them upstairs to Paige’s room.

Chloe rang her mom to make sure it was okay for her to stay and Paige had a shower and cleaned herself off. Brooke and Chloe set up Paige’s room so that everything was ready for the other girls.

The doorbell rang and Brooke raced down the stairs to open the door. Maddie, Mackenzie and Kendall where at the door, each with 2 bags as they all had dance tomorrow. They had pyramid on Sunday instead of Monday for some reason. Brooke hugged all the girls and they all headed up to Paige’s room. It was still only midday so they decided once Nia got there they would all go for a swim.

Nia arrived a few minutes later and they all quickly got changed into their swimmers. They raced each other to the pool and Mackenzie won. Only because she pushed everyone over so she could get to the pool first. She jumped in first and as soon as her head resurfaced everyone else jumped in.

They all played in the pool for a good few hours until it started to get dark. They got out of the pool and ran into the house as it was cold. They all said hello to Kelly as they ran past and up the stairs to get into a warm shower. They all raced each other to the bathroom which Maddie got too first. Brooke being the smart 16 year old she was decided that instead of waiting for all the other girls to finished she made her way into her parent’s bathroom to have a shower in there.

Brooke turned on the water and waited for it to warm up. There was a knock at the door and Brooke slid the door open. Paige’s blonde hair was all Brooke saw at first. “Yes?” She asked once she saw Paige’s face.

“Can I shower in here? I-I d-don’t wa-want to w-wait for-r the o-others.” She was shaking from the cold. Brooke pulled her into the bathroom that’s was now steamy from the hot water. Brooke adjusted the temperature of the water so it was perfect and pulled off her bikini before stepping into the shower. Paige got in with Brooke and they showered in silence. Once they were done they turned off the water, wrapped towels around their bodies and walked out of the bedroom to their own rooms to get changed.