Part 2

Part 2

Brooke woke up to find the bed empty. At first she thought nothing of it until the events of yesterday hit her and she sat upright in the bed. Her eyes scanned the room but she didn’t see Paige. She hopped off the bed and walked out of the room. She heard the water running into the bathroom so she decided to go downstairs and make some food. After she stood in the middle of the kitchen for a good 10 minutes before she decided to make pancakes.

She made the batter and started to cook the pancakes when Paige walked down the stairs. She was wrapped in her robe and her hair was wet, sticking to her neck. Brooke could tell she’d been crying again. Paige looked over at Brooke with watery blue eyes “Are those pancakes?” She asked.

Brooke smiled over at her. "Sure are, want some?" she asked. Paige nodded her head eagerly. Brooke placed the pancakes on a plate and took it to the table along with the syrup.

Paige greedily munched into one. Brooke smiled at the sight, it was good to see her sister happy. "So are you going to tell me why you’re upset?" Brooke asked. It wasn't the right thing to say, Paige's eyes welled up with tears again and she shook her head vigorously. She shot up from her chair and ran up the stairs with Brooke chasing her.

It was Saturday which meant Paige had been upset since the end if yesterday. She slammed her bedroom door shut and Brooke ran into it as she was so close behind Paige she didn’t have time to stop. “Ouch.” Brooke grumbled rubbing her forehead where it had hit the door. That’s when she heard the lock click, she bit back a curse and began to pace outside Paige’s room. “Damn it.” Brooke said. As she ran a hand down her face trying to think.

And idea popped into her head and she sprinted into her room. She grabbed her phone and scrolled through her contacts until she thumb landed on Chloe’s contact. She knew that Chloe was the best person to call, if she wasn’t going to open up to Brooke hopefully she could open up to Chloe. She pressed call and put the phone to her ear.

She paced her room impatiently will the phone rang. After 5 rings Chloe picked up. “Hello?” She sounded tired.

“Did I wake you up?” Brooke asked.

“It’s alright, I need to get up anyway. What can I do for you Brookie?” She asked.

Brooke tapped her fingers nervously on her thigh. “I need your help.”

Chloe was silent for a long time Brooke thought she had hung up. “What’s wrong?”  She asked. She sounded as if she was scared of the answer.

“Paige. She’s crying in her room and I don’t know what’s wrong” Brooke whispered into the phone, she was almost crying.

“I’m on my way.” With that Chloe hung up. Brooke went back and paced outside Paige’s door. She could hear Paige’s cries from behind the door. She was getting more nervous by the second. She paced for 10 minutes before the doorbell rang. Brooke sprinted down the stairs and swung the door open to reveal Chloe. They didn’t even say hello they just both ran up the stairs to Paige’s room.

They could still hear Paige crying and Brooke swore she heard Chloe’s heart break when she heard her best friends cries. Chloe gently knocked on the door. “Go away Brooke!”  Paige yelled from inside the room. Her voice cracked at the end and began to cry again.

“Paige, it’s me. It’s Chloe. Please open the door.” She begged. Chloe shooed Brooke back to her room and told her to get Paige some ice-cream. Chloe heard the lock click and she opened the door. Paige was crawling back to the end of her bed. Chloe rushed over and pulled Paige into a massive hug, Paige cried into her shoulder.

“Chloe!” Paige cried gripping on to her for dear life.

“I’m here, I’ve got you.” Chloe whispered over and over as she tightly hugged Paige. They stayed like that for a few minutes until Brooke knocked on the door with a tub of choc chip ice-cream and 3 spoons.

“Is that choc chip?” Paige asked quietly looking up from Chloe’s shoulder. Brooke smiled and nodded sitting down next to them and giving them a spoon each. All 3 of the munched into the ice-cream. They didn’t talk, just sat and ate. A quarter of the way through Brooke decided it was too quite so she turned on Paige’s TV. It was on some Disney Channel show that Brooke wasn’t really interested in but Chloe and Paige seemed to be interested in it so she left it on and watched mindlessly eating the ice-cream.