Chapter Three.

Elijah Astor

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

“That was awesome!” Tommy exclaimed, and practically jumping on my back as we made our way backstage, instruments in hand.

“You need to chill.” Luke said dryly, and tugged on the back of Tommy’s shirt, pulling him off me. Luke was trying to act calm, but I could still see he was feeling the adrenaline from performing in front of such a large crowd.

“How can you say that wasn’t awesome?” Tommy roared, and jumped around, tapping his drumsticks against the wall.

“You’re such a loser.” Luke rolled his eyes, shifting his guitar off his shoulders.

Tommy gasped loudly, and pushed Luke. “How about you, Eli?” He asked me.

“It was fun.” I said. It was now ten at night, and the bar was officially opened, and in full swing. All the tables were filled, and there was hardly any room to walk. The bar felt stuffy, but at the same time had an exhilarating feeling with all the loud music and talking. It smelt of stale alcohol and sweat, and the blue neon lights covered the whole place.

“Eli, did you hear me?”

My head snapped up, and I realized I had been steadily staring at my guitar. “No, sorry. What did you say?”

Tommy rolled his eyes. “I said, what is Dakota doing here?”

“Working?”

“No, I know that.” Tommy waved his hand. He pulls back the curtains slightly, and peaks his head out. “I mean, why is she working here? Are you guys together or something?”

Luke snorts. “Right.”

I glare at him. Then, looking back to Tommy, I say, “No, why would I date Dakota? We hardly get along.”

“She’s hot.”

“Tommy, anything with nipples is hot to you.” Luke remarked.

Tommy only chuckled. Looking out the curtains as well, I saw Dakota standing by the entrance of the door. The tray table she was holding was pressed against her hip, and she was rocking back and forth lightly. Rolling my eyes, I start making my way towards her. Once I was a few feet behind her, I saw her talking to Stacey. Stacey Dugan, in all her beautiful, wonderful glory. I couldn’t tell what they were talking about, but Stacey was laughing. Such a beautiful sound. You might start to realize, beautiful is a common word when talking about Stacey. There was a boy’s arm around her waist, and his chin rested on her shoulder (a beautiful shoulder) and he laughed along at something Dakota was saying. Who knew Dakota could be funny? It seemed urgent, for her free hand was moving rapidly, and she went to flip her hair, but remembered it was up in a ponytail, and took for scratching her neck instead to play it off.

Coming up behind her, I yanked on her ponytail, and the rubber band flew off. Her hair slipped between my fingers as it fell down over her shoulders. My hand stilled in her hair; I wasn’t expecting that. Her hair was silky smooth and leaked easily through my fingers, settling over her like a waterfall.

“Jerk.” She growled lowly, and jammed her elbow into my stomach.

I blinked slowly. Dakota was staring up at me over her shoulder, her eyebrow arched. My hand was still in her hair, so I unconsciously trailed it down her neck, back to my side. I realized both Stacey and the boy were watching us. I clear my throat, and step back. “Aren’t you supposed to be working?”

“I didn’t know you were the boss.” She rolls her eyes, before turning her back on me. “Anyway, Eli, this is Stacey, and Ryan.”

Oh, so his name was Ryan. Ryan’s hand moved off of Stacey’s hip, and smacked into my palm, giving it a hard shake before returning his palm back to her waist. His hand glued there like it was his property, well I have something for him, it’s my property.