Chapter Thirty Seven.

This is way overdue. Please enjoy, and leave your comments. Only about three to four chapters left, maybe.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dakota Aniston

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Elijah’s fingers skim up my arms, and over to my shoulders, his arms slipping around my neck from behind. He reels me into him, his lips brushing over my ear slowly and seductively. “I don’t want to be the one to say it, but, that guy over there is staring at you.”

My cheeks blazed. And not from what he said, but how he said it. His voice almost sounded annoyed, and jealous, and protective. And I liked it.

“You’re being ridiculous.” I snapped, and rolled my eyes. Turning into Elijah, my hands glide up, resting against his broad back, and tipping my chin into his chest. “Are you jealous?”

“Of course I am.” He murmured, his nose running along the edge of my jaw. “I hate other people looking at you.”

I didn’t care that this was in the middle of a crowed, loud carnival and everyone from my school might see us. All I know is that right now I felt at home. Elijah’s arms were delicate, but firm and his whole body vibrated heat, setting my skin on fire. His mouth pressed a small, light kiss on the corner of my mouth and my whole body tingled, starting from my chest, all the way to my toes, until I felt like my lungs would burst, leaving me in a puddle of delicious fire.

I didn’t care about anything else. I couldn’t hear the chimes of the rides, or the people yelling, or even the band playing on the wooden stage. The only thing that I could see and hear and think about was Elijah. The way his hands were now sneaking into my hair, his fingers wrapping around some of the blonde locks. The feeling of his body seeping into mine, pressing me closer to him, until my arms were forced to wrap around his shoulders to steady myself. My head went dizzy from the sweet smell of him, which was a mixture of minty aftershave and chocolate.

I didn’t care that we were next in line to play the darts and that the people behind us, middle school girls, were staring at us and cooing something about wanting a boyfriend. All I cared about was how in love with this guy I was. Suddenly, it hit me. All the fights, and the kisses, and the annoying gestures he did, was everything I adored about him. I loved how dark and long his hair was, and how grey his eyes were and the way his smile was crooked, and the two lovely dimples I couldn’t get enough of.

“Elijah.” I mumbled, my eyes drifting closed at the feeling of his fingers skimming over my neck, before back into my hair, tilting my head back, up toward his.

“Yes?” He whispered back, and he was so close, I felt his chest rumble against mine as he talked. His sweet, chocolate scented breath ran over my lips, and a hot, exhilarating tingle ran across my skin.

“Isn’t the kiss supposed to be at the end of the night?”

He let out a disgruntled sound from the back of his throat. “Or it can be now.”

I laughed, opening my eyes. His mouth was curved upward, a ghost of a smile. “You’re so charming. I’ll make you a deal.”