Chapter One

Arcee growled as she swung her arm, effectively using her blade to scratch at the Decepticon trooper's chassis before jumping back a little as he threw a punch. Her servo transformed into a blaster and she shot for his faceplate, managing to hit him a few times. He stumbled, covering his faceplate with his servo. She jumped up, grabbing his helm between her pedes, and twisted, effectively twisting his helm off from the rest of his frame. He fell to the floor and she jumped off, landing on her pedes as she faced the three human children who had snuck into the fight. As usual, she was placed on babysitting duty. Why Miko insisted on getting herself killed, the two-wheeler would never know.

Currently, Miko Nakadai was hiding behind an energon crystal with her two other human companions, Jackson Darby and Rafael Esquivel. She, of course, just wanted to see some action. The 'cons had been silent for a while and she was getting restless. So when Ratchet found evidence of 'con activity at an Energon mine, she jumped at the chance of running through the GroundBridge to watch, causing Jack to chase after her, and Raf to chase after Jack.

Arcee sometimes wished that those three were separable.

However, the GroundBridge had been acting up lately, and before Ratchet could shut it down properly, it sputtered and shorted out as Raf ran through. Ratchet felt immediately better as he asked Arcee if the boy had made it and she confirmed he had. But now the Autobots were stuck fighting the Decepticons without a way to retreat. Ratchet was doing as best he could to fix the GroundBridge, but Arcee was growing impatient.

Starscream was in the mine, dealing with Bulkhead as Optimus and Bumblebee both dealt with Vehicons. They needed this energon, surely, but the thought of not being able to bridge back if it was needed was a little..."unnerving" to the Autobots.

Optimus punched a vehicon into the ground as Bee finished shooting up another. Bulkhead was busy avoiding shots from Starscream's blaster as the seeker was smirking. He had managed to use one of his missiles to injure the wrecker, and Bulkhead's reaction time was a little slow as he was processing everything. He swung at the seeker with his mace, but Starscream jumped back and shot at him again. The shot hit Bulkhead, but it didn't impact him much. With a grunt, he jumped forward to smash Starscream, and the seeker yelped as he tried side-stepping out of the way. He failed to do so, and crashed to the ground as Bulkhead punched him multiple times.  The seeker tried to wrestle free of Bulkhead's grip, and when an opportunity opened, he raised his arm and fired his last missile at the wrecker. Bulkhead rolled out of the way, and the missile continued flying through the air, looking for a target.

And its target was now Optimus Prime.

Bulkhead yelled out to the Prime to warn him, but through the sounds of blaster fire and fighting, Optimus only processed his warning until it was too late. Something smacked into him, but it wasn't the missile.

It was Bumblebee.

When the Prime recovered, he gently moved the scout off him, before realizing there was a hole in Bumblebee's abdomen, and Optimus realized Bee had taken the shot for him. Starscream smirked, wiping some energon off his faceplate. He transformed, flying away without leaving them with one of his infamous remarks.

"Get back here you Decepticon coward!" Bulkhead yelled as he chased after him.

"Optimus Prime to Ratchet, do you read?" Optimus asked; a digit on his audio receptor as he supported the scout in his other arm. Bumblebee was limp, and Raf, who had seen the entire thing, was being held back by Jack as he tried going to his guardian.

"I read you, Optimus," Ratchet replied. "Did you need something?"

"The bridge being fixed would be nice," Arcee cut in before Optimus could reply. Bulkhead took over fighting Vehicons as Arcee tried helping by shooting them from where she was at.