Chapter Sixteen

It was a few more days until Miko was discharged. During that time, Arcee and Bee had expressed their concerns to Bulkhead, and the three tried to talk to Jack and Raf about it, but Raf froze up when he thought of Bee in the other dimension, and Jack ended up having to calm him down. The three didn't try again since, though Bee was now even more worried. Bulkhead was too, having known what his counterpart had done to his partner. Arcee and Starscream saw more of each other when Optimus and Megatron got together, and eventually created their plan. The normal Autobots and Shattered Glass Decepticons had called each other more simply to discuss what their counterparts were like. Should they meet them on their world, they wouldn't be too surprised at what was happening. Arcee, Bee, and Bulkhead got a better idea then of who they were, and Bee felt responsible for whatever his counterpart had done to Raf.

The Autobots and Shattered Glass Decepticons had also discussed the planetary alignment which would be happening in less than a day.

"This has to be when they'd act," Starscream muttered, exasperated with the silence of the Autobots on his side. Arcee nodded in agreement. The Decepticons had been strangely silent, too.

"If anything happens to Earth because-" Optimus cut Ratchet off by setting a servo on his shoulder plate. They all knew Ratchet felt guilty for this.

"We still don't know what would happen during the prophecy and this alignment, exactly. But we need to be prepared for anything," Megatron muttered, meeting Optimus' optics. Optimus nodded in agreement. Jack and Raf were at Miko's, keeping her company as she recuperated. She wasn't allowed to go anywhere, which she was okay with. She didn't want to go to the base, not when Jack and Raf were keeping her updated on the whole 'other dimension' ordeal. She had a few broken bones and her head hurt like the pits, but she had convinced the doctors that she could leave the hospital if she stayed at home in bed. Her parents allowed Jack and Raf to visit after her parents talked with Jack to try and figure out the cause of the "car accident". Luckily Agent Fowler had given him details to make up and stick to, and even though Jack didn't lie well, her host parents just took it as trauma. Both worked, so they appreciated Jack and/or Raf coming in after school to be with her so she wasn't alone the entire day.

"Hey, Miko," Jack greeted when the two made their way up to Miko's room.

"Hey, Jack-Rabbit," Miko greeted, giving him a small smile. "How's school?"

"The teachers were way too excited about the planetary alignment," Raf muttered. "I picked up your homework."

While Miko was out of school, Raf had taken initiative to tutor her and help her with her work. Miko couldn't do much with her head, but she could do enough to get a few math problems done.

The three hung out in her room most of the afternoon, but quickly noticed it was getting dark outside.

"The alignment must be starting," Raf muttered.

"How...how did that prophecy go? When...forty-seven spheres align..."

"...a perpetual conflict will culminate on a world forged from chaos," Raf continued.

"And...the weak will perish in the shadow of a rising darkness," Jack finished. "Would...that be...Megatron?"

"Or Optimus?" Miko added. The three exchanged worried looks. What was going to happen to their planet?

*

"Prime!" Agent Fowler cried. "Been watching the news? Mother Nature's got a twitch in her britches."

"What?" Arcee replied. The Decepticons were quiet as they let the Autobots take the transmission. Bishop hadn't walked in, so they were concerned when it wasn't mirroring their side.