Chapter Three

"Agent Bishop has been called."

"Agent who?" Miko asked, looking over at Knockout, who had announced the previous statement.

"Bishop. Leland Bishop, our liaison to the outside world," Megatron explained. The kids exchanged looks with each other.

"What happened to Agent Fowler?"

It was now the Decepticons' turn to exchange looks with each other.

"Agent Fowler?" Breakdown asked. Miko blinked.

"...Yeah?"

"He's the leader of MECH."

Jack looked like he was going to faint again and Miko led him to the (green) couch.

"You don't handle overwhelming situations very well do you," she stated. Jack managed a glare.

"When we're looking at the very beings who want to destroy Earth, and they're actually on our side, and the beings who are trying to save the Earth are now the ones trying to destroy it-"

"Okay okay, I get it."

"But...MECH?" Raf asked, looking over at Knockout.

"Yes, Military Engeneering Core for-"

"Hard-hearted creepers like Silas?" Miko finished, raising an eyebrow.

"That works too." Knockout shrugged, giving her an amused smile as the door to the elevator opened, and two men stepped out, One wearing a bright white lab coat with a stethoscope around his neck. His facial features looked like a little like Jack's, but his eyes were green, and his hair was simply a dark brown, not a black. Under the lab coat, he was wearing a blue button-down shirt and black slacks, with black loafers. He was carrying a first-aid kit.

Silas-or, Agent Bishop, was wearing a grey suit and white button-down, like Agent Fowler did. The only difference was that his hair was how it originally was, grey, and he wore a dark red tie.

Doctor Darby looked around before spotting the kids. He blinked.

"Knockout, what happened to the kids?"

"We...uh...well...that's...ah..."

"Statement: Groundbridge activated and turned into black hole. Reason: Unknown," Soundwave said for him, before playing a sentence that Breakdown said previously.

"Megatron, we lost the kids!"

Jack, Miko, and Raf exchanged looks with each other.

"He can talk?" Miko whispered to the others. Raf shrugged, and Jack was too busy staring at Doctor Darby to reply. The two were actually having a staring contest, until he stepped forward and placed his first aid kit on the table and opened it, taking out a few cloth pads and rubbing alcohol.

"...Jason?" Jack couldn't help but ask. The doctor stopped.

"...Yes?"

Jack's eyes widened again. This couldn't be real. His father was standing in front of him.

So what happened to his mother?

Meanwhile Jason Darby was trying to keep calm and professional about the situation as he silently started to clean his so-this boy's cuts. This couldn't be Jack, could it?

And yet, it felt like it could. Maybe...it was an older version.

"What do you mean, 'black hole'?" Sil-Agent Bishop demanded, walking to the railing and resting his hands on it.

"When a GroundBridge hasn't been configured properly, many things can go wrong. A time/space vortex could open up, it could become a black hole, or it could look completely normal and disfigure the Cybertronian...or...human...walking through when they come out. Or, as they are walking through, it could close on them, leaving them stranded in the dimensions of space and time. Ground-and space-bridge engineering is pretty tricky. However, we weren't the ones who made any changes to the GroundBridge," Knockout explained, looking at the agent intently with his one optic.