Chapter Seven

"My lord, consider the possibilities! Another dimension!"

Megatron was standing at the bridge's main console, watching the clouds and stars pass by from the enlarged picture feed that showed what the Nemesis was heading into. Starscream had strolled up next to him, interrupting his thoughts. He let it slide this time and quickly went back to his train of thought.

"A dimension where Optimus Prime...essentially takes my role, and I take his," Megatron muttered thoughtfully, rubbing his chin plate in thought before turning to his second in command.

"And how are the three humans doing?"

"Soundwave returned with the supplies needed. Since it is unknown how long they will be staying, he gathered an Earth week's worth for them. The second-oldest one continues to be wary around Knockout and Soundwave, however."

"They come from a dimension where we are their Autobots, Starscream," Megatron replied. "Surely they must be alarmed, realizing that, we could injure them if we so wanted to without a care in this world. Or, should I say, dimension." Megatron smirked.

"The knowledge of another dimension has seemed to, dare I say, change you, master."

Megatron looked back over at Starscream, his red optics blazing in satisfaction.

"I have the possibility of ruling two different Earths-perhaps with a like-minded old...brother of mine."

Starscream lowered his helm in acknowledgement that he understood, though secretly he thought that since Megatron had discovered there was more to this world-or dimension-than met the optic, that "space madness" Starscream thought he had picked up kicked in even more.

"You and Optimus Prime have quite a history."

"Indeed, Starscream," Megatron replied, watching a cloud come up to the nemesis and fill the screen with grey.

This had to work.

~

"My liege?" Arcee asked, walking over to Optimus, who turned his orange colored optics to her before going back to staring at the three kids in the room, who were sleeping.

"What do you want to do about them?" she asked, gesturing to them. "Ratchet did some research, the fleshbags can't live for more than three days without water. I do not know your intentions, but if you plan on keeping them here, getting them accommodated would certainly be a start, wouldn't you think?"

Optimus looked back at her and nodded once.

"Then alert Ratchet that he shall report to you on anything the humans will need, and you will retrieve it."

Arcee hid the frown that so desperately wanted to make itself visible on her faceplate. Optimus was more distant and spaced out since his last trip from space. She wondered to herself if he was even eligible to lead the Autobot cause on this planet.

Of course, if some, "unfortunate accident" happened...

She wouldn't discuss this with anyone. If anyone heard, they would most likely report to Optimus of her treason, and she would be executed by none other than Optimus himself.

Besides, he already trusted her as his second in command.

"Yes, my liege."

Optimus watched her go and vented out forcefully as he looked at the three humans that apparently belonged to their counterparts from another dimension. It wasn't like he didn't believe them, their names and personalities were enough for that.