2: maya

"Alright guys your letters are here pick one from the pile and write back to them," my teacher said.

Everyone grabbed their letter and sat down giggling and sharing about who they got. I read over mine and smiled. It was a boy named Shawn Mendes. He sounded so down to earth, genuine, and kind of nerdy. I got out my pencil and began to write back like all the other kids.

Dear coolest Canadian buddy,

Hey Shawn! I got your letter and it was pretty nice. I will definitely check out your YouTube and your singing. Anyways I'm Maya Coleman and I'm 15 too. Well I turned 15 not too long ago on August 8th Hahaa.

I have an older brother and his name is Mason he's 17 actually. But I like to think I'm the cooler sibling because....well I am, duh. I'm from Washington, D.C. I guess it's cool because we're the capital of the United States and we have the president but that's about it lol.

You shouldn't be self conscious about your eyes, you can honestly barely tell or at least in the photo you sent :) But I'm glad kids at your school are respecting you and not talk about it. One insecurity I have is my height as silly as it seems I do. I'm one of the shortest kids in class I'm 5'0 as a fifteen year old.

That may seems okay for some girls but like all of the girls are giants in my school. Everyone likes to make jokes about it and it's very annoying but I eventually got over it.

I like to travel and sing a bit but I'm probably not as good as you are. I do enjoy how it looks to be a model. It looks fun maybe too but girly for me but it would be just for fun too.

Oh! I'm trying out for sports right now one which is volleyball. And I'm praying I make the team haha fingers crossed!

Our teacher wants us to send a picture of ourself too so here's my face. I hope the picture doesn't fall out the envelope. But I hope to continue this conversation soon ! Don't forget to write back bro!!

 But I hope to continue this conversation soon ! Don't forget to write back bro!!

- from your goofiest American girl <3

ps: yes i have a baby face don't judge shawn