Chapter One

Thank you so much for the cover RazorbladeKissesx! c:(see look at that i remembered woot)

i've been listening to One Direction all day it feels so good I see you judging.

Song: Yeah Boy And Doll Face- Pierce The Veil

--------&--------

Vic's POV

I remembered that day as if it were yesterday. I always thought about Claire, even though I liked to pretend that I didn’t. It’s been eleven years since that day. I lost all contact with her the day she told me.

I was such a coward in high school. I was afraid of all the possibilities, so I just ran away from all of my problems. I hoped that if I ran away from them, they would be gone forever. Ain’t that far from the truth.

Memories still haunt me to this day. What if I stayed with Claire? Would I still love her like I do now? Would I ever end up being in a successful band or would my life take a turn for the worst?

“Two minute warning!” I heard someone yell. I felt familiar butterflies in my stomach as I prepared myself for going on stage with my band, Pierce The Veil. We were at the all too famous, Warped Tour, and today was the first day.

We had gotten to the venue later than usual because Mike was drunk and we had to chase him around the block while he was in only his underwear. It was a good thing we had practiced this set before or else we would be screwed.

“Guitar’s good,” I heard a female voice say as I was handed a guitar. I hadn’t seen a female guitar tech in a very long time. It was one of those things that you didn’t see very often.

“Thanks,” I smiled but I didn’t have time to look at her before she lowered her head and walked off in the other direction. I shrugged it off and made my way onto the stage. It felt good to be greeted by our fans again.

We finished Hell Above and the crowd went wild. I smiled widely as I took in all of their screams.

“Addison!” I heard someone yell from side-stage. I turned my head to see a little girl peaking at me from behind a spare amplifier.

I smiled at her before turning back to the audience. “This next song is called Disasterology.”

“Did you see that kid backstage?” I asked Tony once our set was over. He was on right stage which was where the girl sat watching us the entire time.

Tony nodded. “Apparently she’s one of the techs daughter. The girl,” he said, taking a sip of water.

I took in all of his information, nodding. “The techs are staying in a different van, right?”

Tony nodded again.

I went over to our tour manager to find out where the techs van was, and soon enough I was standing right outside of it. I was curious to know who the little girl was. Warped Tour wasn’t for someone her age, so maybe she just came to see her mom before she left?

I opened the van door to see the little girl playing on a DS, sitting beside a familiar-looking guitar tech.

"Oh my god. Claire?"

She sighed, looking up at me with a sad smile. “I was hoping that you wouldn’t recognize me.” She looked practically the same, other than the fact that her hair was dark purple and she had a few piercings. In high school, she was the most clean cut girl you could find. At first glance, at least.

“Can I... can I talk to you in private?” I murmured.

She nodded. “I’ll be back in five minutes, ok?” She said to the girl before getting out of the van. We walked in the other direction in silence for a few seconds.

“Who’s the father?” I blurted out. She looked to be about six, so it couldn’t have been mine. There were plenty of Mexican’s where we were from.

“Are you really in that much denial? She’s ten, Vic. You’re the father,” Claire murmured, keeping her eyes on the ground.

“She’s ten?”

“You know, neither of us are very tall, so that’s where she gets it from,” she explained, sitting on a bench.

“How have you been these last few years?” I asked awkwardly, as I took a seat next to her.

“Struggling. Being a single mother without your parents or boyfriends support is really hard. We were almost homeless in the beginning, but I pulled us through. Of course, it would have been a little easier if you weren’t such a asshole, but it’s over now.”

“About that... I’m really sorry about what I did back then. It’s been bothering me practically every day. I was a kid, I didn’t know what to do. I wanted to make something of myself but I was afraid that you would hold me back.”

“Now look where we are,” she muttered.

“What’s she doing here? Is she just visiting?” I asked, the curiosity getting the better of me.

“What part of no parents did you not understand? There’s no one to look after her and I couldn’t pass this job up. She’s here all summer and so am I, whether you like it or not.”

“Can we just pretend that we don’t know each other? Things will be easier for the both of us if all of this just stays a secret.” I knew what I was saying was cowardly, but I couldn’t help it. I couldn’t just go out and tell everyone that I had a daughter.

Claire nodded and stood up. “See you around,” she murmured before making her way back to the van.

--------&--------

Sorry this is so short :c The next chapter will be longer! <3