Chapter Nine

lol this story is so short my bad

this is the last chapter if you dont count an epilogue as a chapter oki

Song: The Calm- Of Mice & Men (bamf intro song woot)

------&------

It’s been a week. Vic has been in countless interviews, telling all the interviewers that the rumours were true and he was a father. I don’t hate him, which is a big surprise for me. When he told everyone about Addison, I thought all hell would break loose. It didn’t, thankfully. And Vic and I are getting closer than ever.

“Everyone’s asleep,” Vic said as he collapsed on the couch beside me. Everyone was hung over, other than Vic because he was spending the day with me and Addison. He was being so responsible, it was almost like he was an entirely different person.

“Good observation,” I said, chuckling a bit. I cuddled close to him as we watched Napoleon Dynamite. That movie was the most pointless and amazing movie I had ever seen.

“Warped ends in a week,” Vic mumbled.

“Another good observation,” I murmured, hiding my face in his chest. “How many tours are you going on after this?”

“We’re actually taking a two month break so we can write some music. We’ve been touring for five months straight, so we need a bit of a break anyways,” Vic explained. “I have a place in San Diego if you want to... stay or something.”

“Well... I am homeless right now, but I can’t take advantage of you like that,” I said, immediately reminding myself of Alex. I haven’t talked to him at all this week, but I notice the longing stares he gives me.

“You’re homeless?” Vic asked, his eyes widening.

I sighed and sat up so I was facing him directly. “We’ve been living in a motel room for a few months because I couldn’t pay the rent on our apartment,” I explained. I was barely scraping up enough money as it was. It was hard getting a job without a university or college diploma.

“Claire... you should’ve called me or something,” he sighed and brushed a strand of hair out of my face.

“Vic... we haven’t talked for eleven years. I didn’t even know how to find you and frankly, I didn’t really want to find you. I took a job for a replacement guitar tech and I didn’t find out until later that I would be working with you,” I said.

“That’s all behind us now, ok? I will always love you and I’ll never leave you again, I promise. At least, I won’t leave you without paying all of my child support first,” he joked.

I sighed and hit his arm, playfully. “I’m going to hold that against you, Fuentes.”

“Feel free,” he whispered as he crashed his lips on mine.

 ______

“Bye Claire,” Rian pouted and gave me one final hug. We were just finished the final day of Warped and we had to pack our things and leave in about two minutes. I was saying my final goodbyes while trying not to shed a few tears.

“You were the best guitar tech in the whole world,” Jack said, pretending to cry as he faked-sobbed into my shoulder. “I’m and gonna miss that little bugger, Addison,” he added, on a serious note.

“Claire,” I heard Alex say from behind me. I let go of Jack and turned to face him. “I know you don’t care about what I have to say, but I’m sorry and I’m going to miss you and Addison.”

I gave him a small smile. “It’s been an eventful summer,” I said as I went over to find Vic and Addison. I don’t think I’ll ever forgive him, mostly because I don’t want to give my heart the pressure. I loved Vic, and I didn’t want anyone or anything to change that.

I noticed that Vic was holding Addison while carrying a conversation with Lydia and Rebecca. I had grown to like them over the course of the summer.

“Sounds like we’re going to be seeing more of Lydia,” Vic said when he saw me approaching them. I looked at Lydia confusedly.

“LYDIA!” Jaime suddenly shouted as he pounced on Lydia, causing her and fall on the ground with a groan of pain.

“You’re an idiot,” she said weakly, before Jaime gave her a quick peck on the lips.

I chuckled before turning to Rebecca. “It was nice meeting you, Rebecca,” I said, giving her a smile.

“You should work with All Time Low for their next tour with Pierce so we can hang out again,” she said, smiling at Jack as he came over to us.

“The more boobs the better,” Jack teased, throwing an arm around Rebecca’s shoulders.

I laughed at Jack’s idiocy. “I’ll think about it.”

“Can I come too?” Addison asked.

I sighed. “I guess.”

“Yay!” Addison and Jack cheered at the same time. “See you later, cheese puff buddy!” She shouted as Vic started walking towards the tour bus for the ride back home. I followed him into the tour bus and closed the door once everyone got in.

“This has been the best summer ever,” Addison said as she leaned her head on Vic’s chest. “I love you, daddy,” she whispered before her eyes slid shut.

 ______

“Welcome to your new home,” Vic said as he opened the door to his penthouse apartment. This space was going to be a drastic change from what Addison was used to living in.

“Oh my gosh, this is bigger than the whole world!” Addison enthused, staring at the apartment in amazement. I tried to hide my awe as well.

There were huge windows and beautiful hardwood floors. There was an open concept kitchen and down the hall there were three bedrooms and two bathrooms. A huge flat screen TV was plastered on the wall with games and DVDs stacked underneath it.

I smiled as Vic put his arm around my waist. We watched as Addison stared out the window in amazement.

“Thank you so much,” I murmured.

“It was my pleasure.”

------&------

guys i have a question

would you want a sequel for this story? c: