Chapter Two

Here's an update yay c:

Song: Roam- The Story So Far

--------&--------

Claire's POV

I grabbed a spare guitar and amplifier from the van and started making my way back to the stage. We were having technical difficulties with Tony’s guitar, so I practically had to run to the van for a spare.

“Need some help?” Someone asked, taking the amp from my struggling hands. I looked up to see Alex Gaskarth from All Time Low smiling at me. “I’m Alex. You’re the Pierce The Veil tech, right?”

I slowly nodded, surprised that he even wanted to help me. “Yeah... I’m Claire. Thank you for the help,” I said as I got backstage and quickly switched the amp out, replacing it with the one from the van. I then plugged in the guitar and passed it to Tony before turning back to Alex.

“Well, it was nice to meet you, Claire,” he said with a smile before jogging in the other direction. I stood there, still trying to process what just happened. He was pretty quick to leave, so it couldn’t have meant anything.

“Whoa, Claire?” I heard someone ask. I turned around to see Mike Fuentes... Vic’s brother. Goddammit, I was hoping he wouldn’t remember me. He didn’t really seem like he cared very much eleven years ago.

“How’d you remember me?” I asked with a smile as I noticed him smoking a blunt. I was glad that Addison was sleeping in the van.

“After you left Vic he didn’t shut up about you for like, a year,” Mike said, chuckling a bit.

“After I left Vic?” I asked, confusedly. Did he lie to his own brother about what happened between us?

“Yeah. Remember the whole “we’re going to different schools on the opposite sides of California and I can’t do long distance” excuse?” Mike said, reminding me of how I supposedly broke up with my idiot of an ex-boyfriend.

“Oh yeah, how could I forget that?” I said, slightly sarcastically.

“And obviously you didn’t care about him that much considering you have a kid. How old is she anyway?” Mike asked, becoming colder and colder with every word out of his mouth.

“She’s ten,” I muttered, immediately regretting it.

Mike’s eyes widened as the realization hit him. “Oh my god, it she Vic’s? Did you leave him because you didn’t want him to know?”

I slowly nodded. Thank god that Mike was so clueless. “Don’t tell him though. He thinks that I cheated on him and I want it to stay that way,” I whispered to him like it was our little secret.

“Wait... does that mean I’m an uncle?” He asked, forming a smile.

I put my finger up to my lips. “Don’t tell anyone.”

“Your secret’s safe with me.”

“Mommy!” Addison enthused, running into my arms. “Alex asked me if I wanted to play soccer with him and some other people. Can I please? I promise I’ll be good!” She begged, looking up at me with pleading eyes.

“I’ll come with you,” I said as she led me through the venue, to an open field where the members of All Time Low and Bring Me The Horizon were waiting.

Alex smiled and jogged over to us. I had no idea that he knew or even cared about Addison. “Do you want to go over to Jack?” He asked Addison. She nodded and ran over to the boys. “I figured you could use some free time or something. We love kids,” he said to me.

“Thank you, Alex. But really, you don’t have to do this. I didn’t bring her here to be a burden on any of you,” I explained.

“It’s really not a problem. We need to stay active so that we don’t become fat old men, anyways,” he chuckled before running back to the group of people.

Alex’s POV

God, I hoped I didn’t seem like I was hitting on Claire back there. I didn’t want my crush to be that obvious, at least until she likes me back. I figured that the first way to get to Claire would be through her daughter. If I could show her how I am around kids, maybe she’ll like me more.

“GOAL!” Jordan cheered as he lifted Addison up and ran around the field with her. Our team was me, Jordan, Addison, Jack and Matt Kean, while the opposite team was Oli, Matt Nicholls, Lee, Zack and Rian. Addison just scored a goal on Oli.

Addison laughed as Jordan finally put her down. She suddenly looked like she remembered something. “Alex, what time is it?” She asked, her eyes wide.

“Um... four. Why?” I asked.

“We have to get to the main stage!” She yelled.

“Why?” I asked, letting her grab my hand and drag me back to the venue. I was kind of sweaty and I really needed a shower, but I had to stay with her because I’m not some sort of idiot that leaves ten-year-olds on their own.

“Pierce The Veil is supposed to start! I can’t miss it!” She explained as we weaved through tents and people. “I don’t have my pass! What if they don’t let me backstage?”

“Addison, slow down a bit. I’m Alex Gaskarth, I’m sure I can get you backstage,” I chuckled a bit at her eagerness.

We easily got backstage and Addison took a seat next to a spare amplifier, watching Pierce The Veil begin Hell Above with great curiosity.

“Sorry about that,” Claire said, suddenly appearing beside me.

“No problem. Is Pierce her favourite band or something?” I asked, curious as to why it was so urgent that she had to see them.

“She won’t tell me why she needs to see them. She said it’s a secret.”

I slowly nodded. “Um... do you want to possibly... go on a date with me?” I asked, nervously.

She sighed. “I would love to, but I can’t leave Addison alone.”

“She can come with us,” I quickly said.

“Ok... just one date.”

--------&--------

omg, plot twist :o

Alex Gaskarth yum

how do you feel about this? Is Clairex becoming a thing? c;