Chapter 23

"Listen, Jasmine, I can explain," Sam tried, but I held my hand up to shut him up, making sure there is no physical contact because of Blake.

"No. Just no. First, you don't tell me that you're a werewolf. Second, you know that my mate is an Alpha so I'm sure that you would've known-" I said but he cut me off.

"Wait! You're his mate?!" He cut me off exclaiming, "Well obviously I am. Who the hell did you think I am to him?" I asked him

"His girlfriend, there were rumors that he's already had a mate but she was attacked by rogues and died..." Sam explained. Is this dude stupid or something? Isn't she- he can't have two mates. Can he?

"I'm sure I made it clear that she's my mate while I was shouting at you." Blake interrupted.

Yeah, he did, but I don't have proof that we're mates. I mean, he told me that I'm his mate and now Sam is saying that he already had a mate. Trust Blake or Sam? And these sparks, it's natural. Look at all these romantic novels with sparks and shit.

I turned to look at Blake with a blank face. "I-is it true?" I asked him hesitantly, afraid of the outcome. Blake gulped and turned away. I was afraid of the answer, but I was terrified from his silence. "Blake?" I asked him again.

"I'm sorry," Blake said turning his head to look at the ground.

"No," I whispered, at that moment my knees gave away and I found myself tumbling to the ground. "Y-you lied? All of this was a lie? You used me?" my voice barely audible. I'm sure he could hear me though because he was a werewolf.

"Jazz-" he began but I cut him off.

"Don't you dare Jazzy me; you lied!" I cried out standing up. "All this time me thinking you actually liked me? I was your rebound!" tears started streaming furiously down my face.

"No! You don't get it! You were never a rebound! You were my second chance mate!" he yelled letting it out.

"Your what?" I asked seriously confused.

"I didn't want you finding out this way," he said calming down after almost ripping his hair out. "Her name was Isabella. I met her when I was 15. She isn't alive anymore, all because I fucked up." He looked so hurt that all I wanted to do was hug the daylights out of him.

"W-what happened?" I asked him although I was scared of his answer.

He took a deep breath, "It was a beautiful day outside. We had warnings coming in about a rogue attack, but we didn't give it a thought. I mean, I just found my mate, and that's a big deal. I took Bella-" I took a deep breath at her name, "Isabella," he corrected himself, "out for a walk deep in the forest and it happened. They came out of nowhere in huge numbers that I couldn't possibly defeat. They held my arms back and made me watch painfully as they killed her. Right in front of my eyes."

I gasped tears in my eyes, I watched painfully as Blake had tears falling from his eyes. I quickly wrapped my arms around him as he breathed in my scent deeply.

"B-but how am I, how do you-" I tried but he cut me off. "How are you my mate? How do I have another one? I've heard about it but it was so rare. They're called second chance mates and the goddess gifts them for the ones who really need them and who've suffered without them." He told me and that made me look at things differently.

"Was your mate, um Isabella, was she part of the pack?" I asked him hesitantly. Curiosity killed the cat, I guess.

"She was from the neighbouring pack and she came on a business deal with her father, the Alpha of that pack, and that was how we met. I knew it when I first saw her that we were meant to be. She was stubborn at first but only with me," he said chuckling and shaking his head.

At that I felt a pang in my gut and it hurt like hell. "She loved the pack more than anything else and they were protective of her and loved her as well. It came as a devastating shock when they found out she was dead. It put me and them in a depressed state. But since you've come, Jazzy, you changed them. They're no longer the depressed people they were, they're much happier and they laugh more. You made me happy again more than ever before. You made me hopeful in life. And I couldn't be more grateful to have you in my life." He said making me breathe deeply with tears falling from my eyes.

At this moment a heavy burden fell on my shoulders. I couldn't take Isabella's place, not after what he just told me. The pack obviously loved her, they couldn't ever feel what they felt for her towards me. "I- Blake I can't," I told him backing away from him.

"What? No! Jazzy please, please don't do this," he cried out, I shook my head the tears falling rapidly like a waterfall.

"H-how do you expect me to go back after what you just told me? I can't take her place, and the pack obviously loved her with everything they have! How the hell am I supposed to fulfill that place?!" I screamed at him.

"Just be you! You're amazing just the way you are Jazzy and nothing can change that!" He yelled lashing out. "You don't have to be like her, you just have to be yourself, and that's all that matters."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Omg we are extremely, terribly sorry we know we are extremely late in updating anything and there's no excuse to any of this but please don't hate us it was tough ok? So this time we promise to update more often. Thank you