Chapter 1

-Faith's POV-

Just like any other day I wake up to my parents arguing , they argue all the time. I got up and chose an outfit, my parents make me sleep in the hall closet, ever since we moved in my dad took my room and my mom took the other room. My mom told me to never sleep on the couch that if she found out I did, I would be punished.

I put on a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a blue shirt with a black jacket and a pair of tennis shoes, I only have 3 shirts, pair of jeans ,jacket ,and shoes to chose from. My parents have never really cared for me , we use to be a happy family until I turned 12.

I walked out of the closet after I grabbed my book bag , I walked past the kitchen and my mom said," Faith where do you think you are going?"

"I'm just going to the school bus" I said softly.

"Yea, ok whatever" she said.

I heard her mutter into her coffee mug," maybe you'll get lost and not come back"

I've learned to ignore my mother and father and the hateful comments they tell me. I headed my way out the door and and down my gravel driveway toward the bus. I approached the large yellow bus and climbed on and walked to the very back and sat in my normal seat I sit in , I sat in my seat and sunk down so nobody could see me.

This was my last year of school if I graduated ,my grades weren't the best I had B's and a few A's I tried to be a good student but my parents take up my homework and burn it. When I walk through my front door everyday after school my parents take my book bag and pull all of the school work out and take it to the backyard to burn it so I couldn't get good grades. If I don't bring home homework my parents think I completed it and I get punished.

My parents won't burn my school books because they knew if they did they would have to pay for them. We arrived at school and I waited for all the kids to leave then I would get out, I walked across the sidewalk into the school. I put my locker combination in and got the books I needed and put my bag in my locker, I walked down the hall to my history class.

I had a assigned seat in every class and no matter where I wanted to sit I couldn't , I sat at the beginning of the first row in history. I always stayed quiet in class I never answered any questions aloud. I've always wanted to tell my principal or teachers at school what goes on when I don't bring back my homework but my parents said if that ever happened that I would get pulled out of school and they would put me into an adoption center.

The only reason I haven't told yet is because I have always wanted to be accepted into a college so I can grow up to forget about my parents and live my own life. The teacher got up from her chair and said," good morning class , I have a pop quiz for everybody today"

She passed them out one by one and when she was through she said," you can get started now "

I looked down and noticed that I knew these answers by heart , all I do at home is read my text books. I quickly got through the pop quiz and was the first one to turn mine in. She smiled at me as I turned away and sat back down , she said," if you are through you can do what you want , including being on your phone"

I just laid my head down and waited for the other kids to get done, it seemed to take forever so after about 10 minutes I lifted my head and looked around to see 3 people left. The teacher said," if your not through your out of time , turn them in please"

* 5 hours later*

It was now time to go home so I walked to my locker and got my bag and books , along with my homework....

I climbed into the bus and in my normal seat as I looked out the window and watched the trees go by , I was one of the last ones to get off the bus. As we approached a stop the bus driver stomped on the brake and I flew forward onto the seat in front of me, good thing no one sits there.

The bus stopped at my house and I climbed off the bus and up my driveway. I opened the door and my dad was standing at the door waiting for me to walk in, he jerked the book bag off me and went through it to my homework and pulled it out.

" Is this all your homework?" my dad asked.

"Yes sir" I said.

"Good " he grabbed me by my shirt and threw me in the closet then threw my books on top of me, pain shot through my leg where he threw my book bag full of books onto.

I turned the light on and grabbed my books out and read the chapter we were on in each class over and over.

My mom came and let me out of the closet for my free time outside while her and my dad ate dinner, I'm not aloud to eat only at school for lunch, I don't eat on Saturday and Sunday .I walked outside and walked to the tree in the side yard , no one lives next to us or across the road from us , they all complained about my parents arguing and they finally got tired of it and moved.

The cops have arrived at our house many times and I would listen in and they would just say that it was a "little" argument and they were going through "difficulties" with the family.

I climbed the tree and sat on a limb and noticed there was a moving van across the street, it was a two story house. I saw a car pull in and a man climbed out of the car , it didn't look like anybody else was with him. The man looked across the street and waved at me, I looked down and started messing with my shoe lace.

I looked up and saw the man was in front of me, he said," hello , how are you?"

I said softly," hi "

"Are you ok ?" he looked concerned.

"Yes" I said as I looked back down to my shoe.

He said," sorry I didn't tell you my name, I'm Niall , Niall Horan"

He handed his hand out for me to shake , I reached for his hand when my mom busted through the front door and said," time to come in , who is this?"

She stomped over to the tree beside the boy and said," hello young man , who are you?"

" I'm your new neighbor across the street , I'm Niall ,who might this lovely lady be?" he reached for my moms hand and kissed it.

I rolled my eyes and my mom said," oh, I didn't know we had a new neighbor"

She blushed and said," would you like to come in and eat some dinner?"

He said," no thank you I just got done eating, thank you for the offer though"

He walked back across the street and into the house. My mom said," get down and get back into the house"

I climbed down and walked into the house, she grabbed my hair and pulled me to her and said," you ever try to tell anybody about what goes on you know what will happen, remember?"

I said," yes mam"

She let my hair go and I ran to the closet and shut the door. I think everyday that I only have a couple weeks until school is over and if I graduate, that I can get a job and get an apartment and finally leave this horrible place.

__________________________

A/N

Hey guys this is my second book I'm writing, hope whoever may read this book likes it , bye =)