Chapter Two

"Where are we?" Johnny asked as we walked around in a network of tunnels under the hotel.

"A secret escape route in case humans ever invaded," Dracula replied, stopping at a large crossroads. He chose the middle route and Johnny and I followed him. My cape fluttered softly behind me when I walked, and I loved it. I didn't usually wear dresses, but it made a nice outfit with the cape and leggings.

"How helpful," I smirked when he ran into a dead end. He groaned and turned around, pushing me in front of him while Johnny jogged after us.

"How old are you?" He asked me, turning left into the next tunnel.

"23, Johnny's 21," I replied, loving the feel of his hand on my back.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"327," he said. He stopped at a torch hanging on the wall and pulled it. The wall slid open and revealed a bug couple doing the do. I laughed and Johnny stared at them while Dracula apologized profusely.  A few tunnels later and we accidentally walked in on a poor Mrs Skeleton's shower.

I followed Dracula down a steep staircase, looking around the dark space beside Johnny. Suddenly I was stepping into thin air. Dracula grabbed my arm, pulling me up while I grabbed Johnny by his jacket collar and we walked back up beside a grumpy Dracula.

In the second to last tunnel Dracula pulled another lever. It opened to show Frankenstein, A werewolf, an invisible man (I could tell because there was a floating zombie zooming across the room) and a plump mummy beating up zombies. Dracula frantically tried flicking the lever again but Frankenstein spotted him and I.

"Hey Drac. What are you doing with her?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I blushed and Dracula looked a bit lost for words for a second.

"Nothing!" He said quickly, walking out. I followed him out, gagging when one of the zombies openly checked me out. "What are you guys doing?"

"We wanted to practice our number, but these guys wouldn't get off the stage," Wayne, the werewolf, complained, well more like mumbled, around the zombie he had in his mouth, scratching his ear.

"Ok come on guys, hug zombies Mozart, Bach and Beethoven."

A sudden yelp from Johnny was heard and he stumbled out of the tunnel, falling at my feet. Frank saw him and stomped over.

"Who, is that?" He growled. Dracula and Johnny had a quick, whispered conversation before my stupid friend walked out from behind him moaning like a zombie. "What is he doing? Is he making fun of me?"

"No, no no," Dracula said, slapping Johnny and pulling him to his side. "This is, uh.."

"That's your cousin, Johnny Stein," Mavis said, popping out from seemingly nowhere.

"Yesss," Dracula said, going along with it.

"I don't have no cousin," Frank muttered.

"In your right arm's six times removed cousin," Johnny said, pointing at his right arm. They made up some story about slaughtering pigs and Frank became convinced that his right arm now had a cousin.

"So listen, we wanted to put on a show Mavis' birthday, but these guys wouldn't get off the stage," Wayne said, "and we were hoping that maybe you could sing with us, just like old times?"

Dracula looked away. "You know I haven't sang in public since Martha..." he said, cutting himself off as he looked at me.

"Lets hear what you guys got then!" Johnny exclaimed.

The song was depressing. Really bad and slow. Johnny obviously felt the same. Dracula seemed to like it though and looked offended when Johnny said it was too slow.

"You guys need to tempo things up!" He said grabbing the Mummy's guitar. "Werewolf man, give me a jam!"

Johnny jammed out on the stage and I could tell how impressed Mavis was. I totally ship them. I glided over to Dracula and smiled at him.

"He's pretty good, isn't he?" I asked, looking up at him. I was only a little bit taller than Mavis, so I was looking up at him all the time.

"I-I wouldn't say good," Dracula said, watching Mavis through narrowed eyes as she approached Johnny. Everyone started talking excitedly and Dracula flipped out.

"Okay everybody that's enough! We have activities planned out!" He yelled over everyone else.

"Ok but Johnny's coming with us!" Mavis exclaimed.

Dracula came over to me and grabbed my shoulders, pushing me around the hotel. The first activity was bingo. I usually liked bingo, but the caller was really old and boring. Johnny and Mavis both looked like they were falling asleep, and it looked like it was only Frank's wife and Dracula that were really enjoying themselves. I yawned quietly, watching Dracula mark another spot enthusiastically.

"Bingo!" Eunice yelled. A large snap was heard, and then she started yelling at some old monster that ate everything.

A few minutes later we were sitting in something that looked like a gym watching monsters play charades or something like that. Johnny had hauled his backpack over here with him and was digging around in it. Finally he pulled out his scooter and MP3 player. Sexy and I know it played as he drove around the room. Dracula huffed in annoyance while the rest of the monsters surrounded the scooter excited to try it.

"Johnny!" I yelled, standing up. Dracula looked at me. "Why the hell did you bring that stupid scooter?!"

"Because, it's awesome!" He yelled back. The music was cut off when the old monster from earlier swallowed it.

"Well that's one way to get rid of it," I whispered to Dracula, making him smile a bit.

"Follow me," he said, standing up and taking my hand. "I need to talk to you."