Thirteen

Cadence couldn't stop thinking about how stupid she was

Cadence couldn't stop thinking about how stupid she was. How could she keep quiet as the Alpha basically told her she isn't allowed to leave? What had she been thinking? Obviously, she hadn't. She'd been too wrapped up in sniffing the Alpha and trying not to over heat at his closeness.

Cadence shook her head in self disgust. She acted no better than a dog in heat. If she had been under different circumstances Cadence was sure she would have jumped him. It was a reoccurring through and one that had bothered her the moment it appeared. She had no right and definitely no chance, so why of all the males she's seen why would she find herself attracted to someone she couldn't have, nor claim.

Cadence frowned, laying back in the overly soft bed. Cadence hadn't slept in a bed for two years, possibly even before that. Cadence wasn't sure. She closed her eyes as shemoved her hands around the bed, hoping to bring on a memory any memory would do. Minutes passed and still she didn't remember anything. The only thing she'd gained from thinking so hard was a head ache. Groaning she sat up, and rubbed at her throbbing temples. Judging from the low lighting Cadence would guess that it was early in the morning. She couldn't remember much of yesterday except for what had happened on the porch.

Today was a new day and hopefully today Cadence could figure out just what she was going to do. She could just leave, but she couldn't when she knew she would be watched constantly. Cadence stood from the bed just as someone began to knock on the door. Frowning she walked closer and opened it, revealing a cheerful looking Joey. He didn't give Cadence time to prepare, but threw himself at her, forcing Cadence to catch him or let him fall. Of course, she wouldn't let him fall so she wrapped her arms around him ignoring the slight pain that the action brought on.

"Good morning Cade! I'm sorry we didn't get to talk all that much last night. It was pretty hectic being back after being gone for a while. Everyone wanted to talk to me, to say hi and that they were happy that I was okay." Joey began, smiling ear to ear. "How did you sleep? Are you hungry?" He asked, question after question and Cadence wondered if he was always so active in the morning.

"First of all, I understand that everyone was glad to see you home, so don't worry about me. I slept-" Cadence didn't really want to tell him that she'd felt better sleeping in the floor than she did in the bed, so instead she bent the truth a bit. "It was fine, and yes I find I am a bit hungry." Cadence had barely finished when Joey grabbed hold of her hand, not even caring that she wasn't dressed as he dragged her through the hallways.

"You will love breakfast. There is always a bit of everything. Bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, pancakes, and obviously there is eggs. It smells so good..." Joey went on, not having a care in the world. Not even when they passed members of his pack passed them in the halls, making an overly amount of room as they passed.

Cadence's jaw clenched as she heard the whispers of the females. "Is that her?" "Connor is seriously letting that thing walk around our home?" "She must be a major slut if she's still alive out there in their world.." "Maybe that's why Connor's keeping her. As his pet." They whispered and laughed, knowing full well that she would be able to hear them. She'd over heard many things being said about rogues, but Cadence had tried and usually succeeded in brushing them off because she wasn't like normal rogues. But, when the people spoke now it was hard to just brush it off, because she was the reason for their words. Cadence couldn't help that her eyes teared up, and it infuriated her all the more. She wasn't a weak person, nor was she usually sensitive. But, she didn't want to be here and this only proved to her the reason she never wanted to stay. No matter what she'd done for the Alpha's brother, she wouldn't be accepted.

Cadence pushed the stupid images of the Alpha and her encounter on the porch and replaced the fuzzy feeling with anger. It was his fault she was being slandered, his fault that she was getting hurt. He could just let her leave, but instead he was keeping her. Maybe it was as the women said, maybe he was keeping her as his pet? Maybe instead of protecting her as he said he was doing, he was punishing her? A pack never changes, and neither does a rogue. Cadence wouldn't let this pack break her. Cadence finished her mini rant with determination.