The Morning Before

"Eren jaeger!" Shouted Carla from downstairs.

She'd been calling the boy for at least 15 minutes!

"Get up or you'll miss the ritual. Don't wanna be single for life, do you?" At that she heard raging footsteps fleeting down the stairs.

"I wasn't asleep mother!" The child scoffed.

Carla turned her head and looked to her son.

She had to gasp at how handsome and smart he looked in his Sunday best but then laughed.

"Why are you laughing?" The boy chimed.

"You didn't have to dress up! You have to be in wolf form. Your omega will only see your human form when you mat-"

"Don't say that word! It's too innocent for you to say!" The boy angrily pointed at her, arising his arms.

She raised an eyebrow.

"Too innocent?" She asked.

"Uh huh!"

"How do you think your father and I got you, Eren?"

"Mum, don't have this kind of conversation with your 10 year old...
I'm not old enough to raise pups yet!" She smirked and snorted through her nose.

"Damn right, you're not!"

In that moment her husband, Grisha, came into the kitchen.

He kissed her on the lips in greeting making Eren cringe at the show of affection.

"You'll be doing that to your omega all the time." His father smirked.

During breakfast Eren wouldn't stop squirming in his seat, fiddling with his fingers under the table nervously.

"Err... Mother. Father. Do you mind er- what gender my omega will be?"

They both looked at him in surprise.

"What do you mean, son?" Grisha asked.

"I want a male omega..."

The two parents stared at each other over the table as Carla served another batch of pancakes.

She looked at her son lovingly and stroked his hair.

"As long as our son is happy. We will accept any omega, and anyone who can give us grandchildren!" She winked making Eren blush.

"It's almost 10 o'clock. Eren are you ready?" Grisha smiled, checking the clock hanging on the wall.

"Of course, father!"

Eren swallowed the rest of his breakfast down, kissed his mothers cheek and ran out after his father.

"Time to catch me some Omegas!" Eren chanted, trying to boost his confidence.

It took half an hour to get to the secluded area in the eastern woods.

Grisha stopped abruptly making Eren bump into the back of him.

"I can't go any further with you Eren." The brunette boy nodded and turned into his wolf form.

He wasn't as big as his father but it showed he was of age and he would grow over time.

He smiled at his father and ran off into the forest.