Quotes on Writing

((creating my own archives of particular quotes which are relatable with me))

((constantly updated))

((yes, i'm easily pleased by cathartic words))

"You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write."  (Saul Bellow)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."(Ray Bradbury)

"A novel is a commodity that fulfills a certain need; people need to buy daydreams like they need to buy ice cream or aspirin or gin." (John Dos Passos)

"Writing saved me from the sin and inconvenience of violence." (Alice Walker)

"Write it, damn you, write it! What else are you good for?" (James Joyce)

"A true artist is not one who is inspired but one who inspires others." (Salvador Dali)

"We all have two lives. The second one starts when we realize that we only have one." (Tom Hiddleston)

"My best advice for writers is: Have your adventures, make your mistakes, and choose your friends poorly–all these make for great stories." (Chuck Palahniuk)

"Fundamentally, all writing is about the same thing; it's about dying, about the brief flicker of time we have here, and the frustrastion that it creates." (Mordecai Richler)

"All stories have a beginning, a middle and an ending, and if they're any good, the ending is a beginning." (James Clavell)

"When you speak, your words echo across the room. When you write, your words echo across the ages." (Bud Gardner)

"The real work of writing is in revising. In a revision, you don't just fix what's wrong; you make what's on the page better, then better still, then better still." (Patricia O'Conner)

"You don't really understand an antagonist until you understand why he's a protagonist in his own version of the world." (John Rogers)

"First drafts are for learning what one's fiction wants him to say. Revision works with that knowledge to enlarge and enhance an idea, to reform it. Revision is one of exquisite pleasures of writing." (Bernard Malamud)