PERFECT- Thwirty Twix

"Cause I am a champion, and you're going to hear me roar!" I sang softly while looking for a suitable prom dress.

"Are you sure you're well enough to go to prom? I mean it's only been a month since you recovered." Christie argued, stopping in front of me with a worried look on her face.

The rest of the girls mimicked her face and I sighed. "Guys, I'm okay. The doctor says as long as I don't go crazy I'll be perfectly fine, so stop being so worried about me."

"We're sorry, but when you were in that coma you had us really worried. We just can't bear to see anything happen to you again." Danielle explained.

"I know and I'm sorry. I just want people to stop worrying about me. My parents come and check on me literally every night. My dad shouldn't even still be here."

Megan put a hand on my shoulder and smiled. "Ah, the sweet love of parents."

"Can we just find our dresses?" Kendall laughed.

"I'm not even sure why I'm looking, Vincent hasn't even asked me yet."

No one said anything they just continued looking at dresses.

"Hello, crisis here!"

"Huh? Oh I'm sure he'll ask you soon enough." Christie said with a wave of the hand. The rest of the girls just nodded and agreed.

I rolled my eyes. They were so much help. I let my thoughts of Vincent leave my mind so I could continue with my search. As I was walking past the aisles a few dresses caught my eye, but none of them were worth it. I wanted a dress that just screamed glamour. I wanted to walk I the doors and be the prettiest girl in the room. Some simple black dress wasn't going to cut it.

"Ugh," I groaned. "We need to go to another store." 

"This is the fourth store today!" Dani complained.

"I know but I just can't find anything that really stands out. I want to look fabulous."

"Rose, just keep looking, you'll find something eventually." Kendall chimed in.

With a large huff of breath I sat down on one of the benches for people to try on shoes. My eyes needed a rest from all the color of the dresses.

I closed my eyes and thought about my dream dress. I always imagined my prom dress would be like a royal blue with an intricate design on the side. I wanted it to be strapless and flowy in the back.

"So much for that dream." I sighed and pushed myself off the bench, but as I lifted myself up, I hit my head against something hard.

"What the-" I was cut short when I saw exactly what I hit my head on. It was the elbow of a mannequin that was wearing the most beautiful dress I've ever seen in my life. It was a coral dress that had a silver top that wrapped around the neck. The rest was a nicely draped all around the bottom (sorry guys I have terrible description skills). It was indescribably beautiful.

"This is the one." I whispered just loud enough for the girls to hear and start crowding around me.

"Wow." Megan gasped.

"I want it." Kendall said, reaching for it, but I smacked her hands away before she could grab it.

"Keep your grubby paws off of my dress." I scolded

"How much is it?" Christie asked.

I looked at the tag and sighed. "749.99"

The girls all gave me sad looks, but I felt that it was unnecessary. Tom and my dad agreed to half and half on the dress giving me a maximum spending limit of $900.00 total. I didn't need jewelery so I just had to get shoes that woud go perfect with my dress. Prom was just a few weeks away and I could already tell that it would be a magical night.