Sugar, Spice, & Everything Nice _39_

"Ryan you are so amazing." Kendall groaned as the sexy masseuse worked the knots out of her back.

"Yes, thank you." Christie agreed as a second coat was painted on to her toenails.

Ryan decided to take all my friends to the spa along with us. We were all getting mani-pedis, massaged, mud baths, hot rock treatments, and just about anything else they had to offer.

Apparently Ryan's mom came to this particular spa one day on a vacation a few years back. When she was getting a hot rock treatment they burned her and left a scar so they paid for her skin graph and gave her a lifetime membership to the spa. Something I was definitely going to start exploiting.

"I want to get this avocado face mask, but I hate the idea of something hardening on my face." I frowned.

"Want me to get it with you?" Danielle asked.

"Please," I responded gratefully.

"So Rose," Ryan started as the lady started spreading the avocado mask on my face. "What are you and Vincent doing after prom?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You know what I mean," He answered.

"We're not doing that, if that's what you're thinking. Thats not something we're going to plan if you must know. When it hapoens it happens."

"You know its all just setting in to me," Christie said.

"What do you mean?" Megan asked.

"Guys, we're seniors. This is our last year of high school. These are our last moments."

"You're right. It seems like everything happened so quickly. We're going to be graduating in a few weeks and then we'll be off to college months after." Kendall responded.

"Its a scary and relieving feeling," I added.

"Yeah," everyone agreed simultaneously.

That kept us silent in thouht for a while. The peace gave me a chance to really think about things.

In a few months, Vincent and I would be going off to college togther. Our relationship wouldn't be that same little high school love. This could be the beginning of a long life together. The thoughg was new and scary, but strangely I liked it. I loved Vincent and though I wasn't completely sure what i wanted, the thought of spending the rest of my life with Vincent was somehow welcoming.

I started also thinking about everything that happened this year. Moving in with my mom; meeting

Vincent;  making that ridiculous bet; and even dealing with the sleazy skank known as Jessica. With all the memories running through my head, I started lauging, earning questioning glances from all my friends.

"What's so funny?" Kendall asked.

"I was just thinking about everything that's happened recently."

"Yeah, this has been a very crazy year," Danielle added.

"Remember when Tyler came to school with only half an eyebrow because his little brother had waxed it off the night before?" Megan laughed.

"Or when someone filled Mr. Ramirez's car with water ballons." Christie laughed.

I tried to smile but the face mask was hardening so I probably just looked psychotic. "How long am I supposed to have this on?" I asked the spa lady.

"Just a few more minutes and I'll take it off."

I nodded and tuned back into the conversation.

"Hey Rose," Christie started. "Do you ever miss Michigan."