Chapter 27; Guilty Trip Of Words

Chapter 27;

I sat patiently on the couch at home as I awaited Reese's arrival. I hadn't seen him since the news was directed to us. He seemed awfully disturbed.

I felt my baby move, she or he seems really energetic. I chuckled at the situation and got up walking towards the kitchen. Looking for my chocolate. I looked high and low and let me tell It felt as if I was going to cry any moment. My beloved chocolate.

"Mom!" I yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes honey?" She questioned a bit softly.

"Do you know where my slabs of chocolate are?" I questioned her in agitation.

"It's in the top cupboard, why?" she questioned. I smiled and opened the cupboard.

"Nothing really, just wondering." wondering if I could grab a slab or 2.

I saw the chocolate stacked up. Grinning like a fool I reached for it, only to notice my size. Why do I feel so short? I looked for a stool but nothing came to mind.

Grabbing a bar stool, I climbed on it carefull getting my balance, I reached for the chocolate, only to feel someone pushed me. Shit, my baby. I made a sharp turn as I hit the ground falling on my back. The bar stool falling.

The pain in my back are unbearable as tears streamed down my face. Soon Daniel cane running into the kitchen, a horrified look on his face. He came by me and lifted me up bridal style.

"I'm taking you to the hospital!" he said in a panicked tone.

"Daniel, I'm fine really, I fell on my back, no things wrong, I'm okay." I reassured him as I wiped away my tears.

"Reese isn't gonna like to know you fell, what the hell were you thinking!? You could have endangered yourself and the child." he looked at me with angered eyes.

"I'm sorry, I just got caught up in the moment. But I didn't just fall, I felt someone push me." I tried to reason with him.

He looked at me like I had grown insane. "that fall. Must have messed up your head. Come on Colleen! Was there some ghost or something." soon the door opened and shut and Reece's scent filled the room. I clutched onto Daniel's sleeve, and looked at him with a pleading look. "please don't mention any if this to Reese." I asked him.

"He deserves to know what happened-" I cut him off.

"please Daniel." I said to him. He let out a sigh as Reese walked in the living room.

"hi." I glad shyly. He looked at me with a sorry look. Daniel walked away and Reese came close to me sitting right beside me.

"hey, look Colleen, I know I wasn't the best at that moment, but just know I'm sorry for the way I reacted at the doctor and I'm ready for this, ready with for decision."

Right now I wanted to cry. I looked him on the eye. And hugged him, my baby bump keeping a distance between us.

I held his cheek as I kissed him passionately. I can't believe, the Reese Gold actually apologized. I laughed a little as I pulled away.

"Come on, let's go, I'm sure you must be tired. Let's take a little nap." he said with a silly grin, as he lifted me bridal style heading to my bedroom.

"You know it's going to start again tonight." I reminded him. All he did was briefly nod. I smiled as I slept and he laid right beside me.

"Colleen, why is your dress torn?" he questioned as he showed me the ripped part of the clothing. The fall, shit.

"it's nothing, I probably didn't see where I was walking and perhaps it got caught somewhere and ripped." I made an excuse. Guilt wasted over me, knowing I practically lied to my mate about something that could be been a danger to me and his child.

Reese looked at me briefly, before nodding and he began rubbing my feet, to say it felt good was an understatement, it was amazing. I relaxed briefly and closed my eyes, soon I felt tired and was beginning to pass out.

I felt the bed dip beside me, as a kiss was placed on my forehead. "I love you." those were the words enough to make me freeze.

Reese..... loved me?

Unknown POV: (Character 1 mystery.)

I watched carefully as the door opened, and he stepped out. My mate.

"Reese, I'm headed out, I'll be back a bit later." he said. I hid in the bush as I watched his beautiful body walk out onto the streets.

Daniel...was his name. So sweet, so nice, so... Mine. He liked around for brief moment as he caught my scent. But slouched when he couldn't see me.

I'm afraid to show myself, I'm afraid....

he'll reject me.

*****************

Dun, dun, dunnnnn! Who is this. Mysterious new character? Well find out on Monday as I reveal character #1.

What do you think of Colleen lie?
Will Reese find out?
Will Daniel find his mysterious mate?
Who will be this mysterious mate?

Don't forget to comment and vote for the story! ❎

-Rama

Don't forget to check out my book 'To Be The Second.'