3

Tara Westlyn - Point Of View

Today is the first day I need to make Clint "suffer" more than Shane did. I felt so guilty as I drove back to my house the day Shane and I had an agreement. Clint is just so innocent and pure, I couldn't harm someone like him.

"Why do you keep on making stupid decisions, Tara?" I ask myself as I stare at my reflection on the mirror

I groaned and gripped my hair, "So so stupid!" I hissed at the pain I brought to myself

"Ouch" I muttered. Once again, ladies and gentlemen, Tara Westlyn has made another stupid decision.

"Why are you so stupid?" I groaned to myself. "Okay, great. Now I'm talking to myself."

I sighed and walked back to my room and slipped my clothes and shoes on. I grabbed my backpack and head downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed an apple and was about to leave when I was stopped by my mom.

"Aren't you gonna eat, honey?"

I shook my head, "I'm gonna be late and besides I'm not even hungry. I'll just have an apple to school."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded, "Yep, by the way, where is Trevor?"

Trevor Venn Westlyn, he's my twin brother. He's my partner in crime, my other half. There was one time when I was 6 years old, I was running all around the park when I bumped into this 10 year old kid. He got mad at me and pushed me onto a muddy puddle, of course the 6 year old me cried and yelled for my mom. Trevor heard me and walked over to where I was. He asked me what happened and I told him what happened while crying. The next day, I found out that the boy that pushed me was sent to the hospital because he broke his nose. I asked my parents why and they told me he tripped walking out of their house. Later the day Trevor told me that he tripped the boy on purpose and quickly ran back to the house.

Yeah, he did that just because of what the boy did to me.

"He left very early this morning. I don't know why"

I nodded and kissed my mom's cheek, "Okay, I'll be going"

I then ran out of the house and got inside my car and drove to school.

2 months later...

It became a routine of mine to make fun of Clint and to make him "suffer". It was just a normal day, or so I thought. When I arrived at math class I didn't see Clint which was weird because he never takes absence. I just shrugged it off and focused on my own life. That went on for a week until 1 month later I still didn't see him. I heard rumors saying that he left but I didn't believe them. Because of my curiosity I went to the head and asked for him, she told me that he left and moved to Florida. My heart dropped for some reason, probably because of guilt.

{Present}

I sat on my bed thinking of everything I did to Clint. I sighed and slid my hands down my face. It's been a week since I found out that Clint moved to Florida. For a week I locked myself inside my room. Guilt, regret, remorsefulness, and sadness eating me. My parents tried to make me leave my room but they didn't succeed.

My phone rang snapping me out of my thoughts.

Brooke calling...

I groaned, not again. Brooke is the captain of the cheerleading squad. If Shane's the " king" of the school, Brooke is the "queen". She's that typical cheerleader with blonde hair, tanned skin, long legs, slender body, and a petite frame. She wears short skirts, tight tops and high heels. Her face is practically caked with makeup, but in a good way.

(T- Tara, B- Brooke)

B- Tara!!

T- Hey, wha--

B- There's this party at Tom's house tonight. You have to go!

T- Brooke, you know I'm not in the mood to go party right now

B- Not in the mood my ass. You've been telling me that for 3 days now

T- And you're really not gonna run out of parties, aren't you?

B- Never, and you know that Tara. Now get your lazy bum off your bed and out of that room. I'll pick you up in half an hour

T- But--

I didn't get a chance to finish what I said because the line went dead

I looked at my phone in disbelief. I scoffed, "Some best friend she is"

Yep, you heard it. Brooke's my best friend. She is your stereotype kind of cheerleader but she's a kind person. She's not the kind of cheerleader that you read in books. She doesn't obsess over a guy or bullies people. Yeah, we're kind of different. I'm more on wearing black, white or grey, she's more on vibrant colors. She wears makeup all the time, I don't. She's an open book and well I'm not. We're complete opposites but we get along, very much.

I groaned standing up and walked to my closet. I pulled out a black dress along with a pair of black pumps, placed it on my bed before heading to my bathroom.

*

"Just let loose, T! Enjoy everything while it lasts!" Brooke shouts as she drags me to the dance floor making the cup, I was holding, fall on the floor

Her words rang in my head.

Enjoy everything while it lasts. Enjoy everything while it lasts.

Yeah, enjoy it Tara. Let loose.

I smiled and started swaying my hips just like Brooke was doing. The next thing I know, I was dancing like there's no tomorrow letting the alcohol take over me.