Epilogue

Tara Westlyn - Point Of View

You know that feeling when your boyfriend unexpectedly just broke up with you? It hurts, huh? Well, that's what I feel right now. Except no one broke up with me because I don't have a boyfriend.

Okay, let me revise that. You know that feeling where you suddenly found out that one of your relatives/family died. Yeah, I'm in situation like that right now. I was out in the market to go and do some grocery shopping when I heard two boys talking about somebody. And that somebody was Clint.

You can't imagine how my knees buckled, I felt like my legs turned into jelly when I heard that he passed away. How did I know they were telling the truth? It's because those guys that I heard talking were actually Clint's cousins. I almost fell to the floor when I found out about the news but fortunately the wall was there to support me.

It turns out that he had a stage 4 heart cancer. The stage where the tumor has gained complete control over his body. The functioning of heart is affected to such an extent that it is not able to purify the blood. The balance between his red and white blood cells were completely disturbed, and so the immune system hardly responds. Even his brain loses its control over his body.

I felt guiltier when I found out that he was sick. And me bullying him didn't help him at all, in fact I probably made his life even worse. I placed the grocery bag on the passenger seat and got in the driver's seat. I put my key in and turned the engine on.

While driving my mind drifted off to Clint, again. The times I bullied him started flashing back. The time where I spilled paint all over him, the time I put hundreds of orbeez inside his locker and so many more. I felt something wet slide down my cheeks and another one and another one. That's when I realized I was actually crying. Tears blurred my vision, I couldn't see anything clearly. I wiped my eyes and focused back on the road. My phone rang and it started to vibrate. I looked at the caller and realized it was my mom calling.

I ignored my phone and continued to drive. It kept on ringing and vibrating until it fell down to the car's carpet.

I groaned and tried to reach for my phone but I couldn't. I looked at the road to check if it was clear before I docked down and grabbed my phone.

"Aha!"

I looked at the caller and thankfully it wasn't my mom again, instead it was Brooke.

"Hell—

I didn't get to finish what I was saying when I was cut off by a loud honk and then everything went black.

*

I quietly hissed when I opened my eyes and was greeted by the light practically blinding me.

"TARA VERNA WESTLYN! WHAT THE FREAK-FRACKING ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR LIFE?!"

I ignored her and reached for the water, "W-water"

"Oh" she grabbed the glass of water and handed it to me. I drank the fresh water that brought the soothing feeling down my throat.

"How long was I out?" I asked

"A week"

My jaw dropped, "1 week?! Are you joking right now" I ask and nervously chuckled

She shook her head, "I'm dead serious, T." She deadpans

My eyes widened, I was about to ask her who brought me here but a girl wearing a white lab coat in her mid 30's entered the room.

"Ms. Westlyn, it's so nice to have you awake now. How are you feeling?" she asks as she walks over to me to check the machines surrounding me

"I-i'm fine. Just a little peachy"