Sixteen.

The next time she awoke, she found herself a foreign place. She sat up, to find soft, silk covers to pool at her waist. Soft, plush pillows lay behind her and she came to terms of that she was in a bedroom. A room that by the looks of it was definitely not in the Tower.

Gingerly slipping from out of the covers, she placed her feet onto the floor to find it covered in a warm, black carpet. Shakily standing, Madeline found herself in black sweat pants and an overly large t-shirt that smelled a lot like Sam. Her top hat was placed into the bedside table and she just threw her autumn hair into a lazy bun before leaving the room.

She peered down the corridor, hearing distant voices at the end of it through large open doors. Tip toeing along the corridor, Madeline noticed the dull pain in her abdomen and suddenly memories came rushing back and she pulled her shirt up slightly.

Her eyes met the colour of the white bandage, slightly tinged red where she was impaled but she knew it would have been stitched. Dropping the shirt back down, Madeline carried on her way back down the corridor and hesitantly walked through the door.

There she found the whole team. Clint, Natasha, Wanda and Vision sat on a couch, Scott and Peter as well as Rhodes and T'challa sat on another coach and stood around a table was Bucky, Steve, Tony and Sam.

Madeleine's eyes widened, a grin splitting on to her face and a bubble of laughter escaping her throat as she lunged for Steve and Tony. Her arms wrapped around the two and they jerked back in shock before grinning themselves and returning the hug by carefully wrapping their arms around her waist.

"It's good to see you both together again and not at each others necks" she breathed, being placed back onto the ground and looking up at there bruised and cut faces before sighing.

Raising her left arm, she flicked her metal wrist and as the plates of her arm shifted, a green wave spread out an enveloped the aching and injured heroes.

One by one, their bruises, cuts and broken bones fixed themselves, leaving the team to feel brand new once more.

"Why didn't  you just do that for yourself?" Sam questioned, looking at h himself in the mirror at his eye that was once bruised and cut.

Hatter knew she had a black eye and few gashes here and there in her forehead and arms as well as the wound in her abdomen, but she couldn't heal herself.

"I can't. I can only heal other, not myself" she breathed.
"This your shirt by the way?" She smirked, tugging at the soft material that cover her top section.

"Yeah...sweatpants are Clint's. The girls didn't have anything packed with them that was really loose for you to wear" Sam replied sheepishly.

"Thank you" she smiled at the two.

"We are staying in one of T'challa's mansions for now, until this all blows over and we are able to eliminate Ross and his Team" Steve informed, running his hand through his blonde locks in irritation.

"How long will that be?" Wanda questioned, seeking the answer to a question that Madeline and the other also wished to ask.

"It may take awhile, that it why Captain Rogers ordered you all to bring your belonging over to the mansion. This will be your home until this problem is solved" the prince himself spoke up.

The others nodded in understanding, already seeming to have made themselves at home. After all, who knew how long they would be there.

"Thank you, your highness" Natasha bowed her head and he responded with the same gesture.

"Tony!" Madeline called out, realisation hitting her in the face as she spun around to look the billionaire in the face.

"Madeline?" Tony questioned, confused as she gripped his hands in her own and stared him dead in the eye.

Her gaze was strong, but it held a hint of sadness and sympathy to it.

"I'm sorry, about you parents." She mumbled, and instantly Starks grasp tightened on her hands as his breath hitched in his throats and his body went tense before he went loose and calm once more.

"So am I, but I don't blame Bucky, I blame Hydra" he mumbled and Hatter smiled at the determined look on his face.
"I should thank Chess though, it was him who stand us from fighting" he grinned and once again realisation hit Hatter as Tony dropped her hands, anticipating what she was about to do.

"Chess!" She screeched.

The door flew open and a form strutted in that she hadn't seen in a few years.
His blue hair and eyes stood out against his pale complexion and every thing he was wearing suited well together.

His boots padded against the floor as he ran a hand through his mop of blue hair before coming to a complete halt.
All that was heard was a low 'woah' from Natasha and the man just smirked before Hatter lunged for him and wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck as she beamed at him.

"Chess!"