Chapter Thirteen

Read, Enjoy, Vote, Comment

~~~

The next morning was a Friday, why we had the ball on a Thursday I haven't got a clue, but most of us were half dead. Some girls still had the remnants of last night's makeup on and I admit to be one of them. I had glitter still stuck to my face and around my eyes and with every rub glitter spread over my hands and then uniform.

"Miss Orme is glitter part of the school dress code?" Professor Snape asked.

"No sir, it's just I had a glitter mask on last night and it wouldn't all come off this morning, I had to use a scouring pad." I apologised and he seemed satisfied with the answer which had the rub marks to add to conviction.

"You know I didn't realise you had such a good figure." Hornsby smirked, leaning over towards me. "Maybe you'd like to come over and visit me sometime."

"Or maybe-"

"She's not interested douche bag." Oliver stated from behind cutting across my potential threat. "And if you continue to talk to her like that you'll find your cauldron up your arse."

I looked back at him but he was glaring at Hornsby, he was serious about putting the cauldron up his arse. Hornsby sneered but left me alone, looking at my chest every now and then from the corner of his eye. As the lesson finished I tried to catch up with Oliver and ask him what that was about but he was gone and I was pulled by the crowd in the opposite direction of him.

Did he mean he liked me, was he just sticking up for me? At least he doesn't completely hate me, he protected me, although I could have done it by myself by which means Hornsby wouldn't be able to walk or talk for a while.

I could feel the divination room before I got there, it reeked of drowsiness, tea and incense sticks, I fell into a soft arm chair and considered taking my shoes off only to find them already off and my feet tucked beneath me. At least my body knew how to relax.

"Hey Anna, what's up?" Dan asked sliding into the seat beside me, the only free seat next to a normal person.

"Not much you?" I asked as he pulled out his Man Utd mug.

"Same old, see Ollie today?"

"Just in potions, why?"

"Just wondered, he buggered off before I woke up and I missed breakfast." He shrugged with a grin, patting his mug expectantly. "Been waiting for this cuppa all morning."

"You're such a geek, don't know what Lorna see's in you." I scoffed pulling out some chocolate digestives to go with the tea.

Even when he doesn't sit beside me, Dan always ends up stealing my biscuits. It's like he can sense them coming out of my bag.

"She just likes me for my body, who can blame her?" he sighed running a hand across his chest as I laughed.

"Does Oliver hate me?" I asked as Professor Trelawney started rambling. He just smiled at me and shook his head.

---

I walked onto the train, ignoring the disapproving looks I was receiving from Dan and Lorna I was more than used to them. So maybe I hadn't quite been able to let myself go where Anna was concerned, every time we started to settle into some sort of friendship I'd bolt.

Hell she'd sat down in the only free seat next to me yesterday and I left half my breakfast. There was just something about her that makes me jumpy, the same thing that used to draw me towards her.

I feel guilty, how can I not? We'd had that night at the Halloween ball, everything was perfect and then she went and told me her brothers were death eaters. Not that I'm blaming her for me being a dick, but it made me realise what I'd over look if it meant being with her.