Chapter Seventeen

Read, Enjoy, Vote, Rate

~~~~~~~

We stood on top of the hill looking down over the valley the village was in, it was beautiful. But also freezing, snow had covered the toes of my shoes as soon as we'd landed. "This is what I call beauty." I stated as Oliver came up beside me.

"Yeah, it is nice isn't it?" he smiled, "You cold?"

"A little." I admitted, "It's a lot colder up here."

The breath caught in my lungs as he wrapped his arms around me, holding me against his chest. "Better?"

I managed a nod as my head swam, why did he have to have this effect on me? If it was anyone else it wouldn't be so bad, anyone else I'd be able to sort them out. But not Oliver, he's one of a kind.

That's probably why I like him so much.

"What's that?" I asked as a silver things came darting towards us, I felt him shrug behind me before he stiffened.

"Ollie, take Anna somewhere safe, we'll take care of everything down here." His mother's voice came from the silver thing as it shifted into a swan.

"Is that a patronous?" I asked in awe and fear, "What's going on?"

"I think your brother's might have popped over to say hello." He muttered looking over to the village which looked scarily calm. "And yes, that was my mother's patronous. Get on the broom; I know where we can hide."

I followed him closely as we flew at breakneck speed through the valleys till we came across a large lake; he landed next to the shore and pulled out his wand, I stood quietly next to him, my head full of what might be happening to Aunt Kerry and Leah, they weren't physical people.

"Inside." He ordered putting a hand on my back and pushing me forwards.

"Where did this come from?" I asked as we crawled through the hole which appeared in the side of a hill.

"It's mine and Greg's old hide out." He stated as the space opened out and a cave appeared before my eyes, with stools, books and jars of sweets everywhere. "We stopped coming up when I started Hogwarts too."

"This is amazing." I gasped looking around me.

"Reducto." He said pointing his wand back at the hole which shrunk to the size of a rabbit's warren. "We'll stay here for a while, until Greg comes for us. Or mum sends another patronous."

"Where did she learn how to do that, I've never seen one speak before."

"She was an aurora before she had Claire." He shrugged and my jaw dropped, Elise Wood was not the kind of woman I could imagine killing death eaters. "This place is too small."

I watched amused as he settled himself onto a small stool, frowning as it wobbled and creaked beneath him, I took his wand from his hand and pointed it at the stool, transfiguring it into a low arm chair.

"Better?" I asked as he grinned. "Surprised your wand did what I wanted it too; Soph's always makes things pink."

"Do you forget your wand a lot?" he laughed taking his back and pocketing it.

"Yeah, well it doesn't fit in my coat pocket easily." I shrugged as an involuntary shiver ran across my back.

"Come here." He said softly grabbing my wrist and pulled me over. "It'll only get colder so you might as well use me as a hot water bottle."

I grabbed a magazine as I fell onto his lap, and held my hand out for his wand. "It's going to get colder, so I want a blanket."

He grinned and passed it back to me, soon the thick woollen blanket was draped over our knees as we warmed up beneath the ground. His hand rested on my thigh as I tucked my feet into the warmth and rested my head against the chair.

"Do you think everyone will be alright?" I whispered, he turned to me and nodded. "It's all my fault really; I should have just stayed at Hogwarts."

"No, you would have been miserable alone." He stated and I nodded. "It's not your fault, your brothers are evil."

"It's lucky you live next door, else they'd have killed them all instantly." I sighed feeling myself get upset. "I can't fight them; they're so much stronger than I am."

---

I tightened my grip around her as she fought tears, I could hear it in her voice. "Don't think about it, my parent's and Greg are strong enough to take on two measly death eaters and I'm sure others in the village would come and help."

"There are more wizards in the village?" she asked using the distraction at hand.

"Yeah, a few older couples with grown up kids."

"I'm glad you're you." She sighed burying her head into the crook of my neck. "No one else I'd rather be stuck in a cold underground cave in with."

"Are you warm enough?" I asked not sure what to say, I didn't want to bolt I really don't, but it still scares me.

"Yes." She laughed putting a hand on my chest as she closed her eyes. "You're not escaping me this time."

"It's been three hours." I said suddenly, breaking the peace we'd fallen into. "I wonder what the problem is."

"Knowing my brother's they're hanging around waiting for me to appear, probably have set alarms over the countryside to keep checks on apparitions and such." She sighed sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "They used to do it when I was younger, so they could sneak out as soon as mum and dad went out and come back when they did."

"Wow." I smirked slightly impressed. "A very talented family then."

"Meh, they're scan never picked up little spells."

"So we can light a fire and we wouldn't blow our cover?" I asked as my feet grew cold, but she shook her head.

"Little spells like levitation and lumos, first term of first year type spells." She shrugged, "Are you cold?"

"A little, my feet are really cold."

"Well I can distract you from the cold." She blushed as her eyes sparkled in the dim wand light hanging from the ceiling.

Her fingers pulled my chin down as her lips touched mine, my arms tightened around her as she kissed me, I forgot about my toes. My hand slipped into her hair as I kissed her back, my fingers slipping straight through the silk of it.

"I'm going to ask you out because you've been pissing about so much," she stated pulling away and moving so her knees were on either side of my legs. "Oliver I want you to be my boyfriend."

"Ok." I grinned as she beamed down and leant down to kiss me again.

"Well, well, well, look what we've got here Richard." Greg's voice laughed making Anna jump across the room.

"I think I've gone blind." Richard said putting his hands out before him. "Greg, where are you?"

"Such dick heads." Anna snapped smacking them both.

"Hey, we came back to save you." Greg said but the smirk never left his lips. "The Ministry came and set a patrol in the village so it's safe for the two of you to come back, we've told the muggles Sirius Black was seen close by."

"So we can leave the cold cave?" Anna asked and they nodded.

"Can we stay for a bit longer?" I asked and all three of them looked at me, Anna's lips twisted into a smile.

"I thought you couldn't feel your toes?" she asked as I stood up. "All fixed?"

"Yeah." I muttered kissing her temple as Greg and Richard left the hide out.