Chapter 5

Dedicated to all my special ladies, you know who you are!
Thanks for voting girls you make my day,
(obviously along with everyone else that votes :-)
Just so you all know....
It's nice when people are taking the time to hit the star button instead of being silent readers, motivates to continue writing!
XG
---
Everyone in a pack is important. And the higher up in the hierarchy, the more responsibility. It's this responsibility that we train our young for, they have the pressure of rank from birth and learn to deal with it. They are raised with the knowledge that they are responsible for the general pack members. Ariel is an exception that, to my knowledge, is unheard of. Not many people in the general pack understand Mathew, my first Beta, being so young. It isn't taught in our history anymore but the exchange of children to train them for the Alpha position still happens."

Miri, the Luna, picked up where her husband left off. "Some people think our son went to study overseas. Some people asked and were told where he is. But most people accepted that as their leaders we are making decisions to protect the pack. Puberty is hard enough to deal with if your son and husband aren't trying to establish dominance. So my nephew came here and my son went to his pack to train. We were lucky to have children so close together in age. We are family. Ariel isn't ours so she isn't registered for a swap of packs. She isn't of a bloodline known for Alpha blood. Her family history shows not a single Alpha in it, anywhere. Yet she is an Alpha female without a doubt. She submitted to only my husband himself despite the fact that Matty comes from a line where both the mother and father can trace back the Alphas for as far as they can go." She looked at everyone letting that sink in, I looked at her and I felt everyone look at me after glancing at Mathew.

I felt the need to defend him and said. "He didn't fight with me, he would have handed me my tail in two seconds flat, his wolf is scary big and well trained...I'm pretty sure anyway, about the training part that is... Anyway moving on... with his astounding foresight he called the alpha when we wouldn't submit and his control was awesome, he never hurt me for my defiance... so yeah... you know... I would have submitted to him if he was the alpha of my pack."
The other two Betas smiled and there were a few chuckles.

"Already she displays the qualities of a true leader. She didn't gloat, she made sure to praise her opponent and leave me my balls." Mathew said seriously. My family burst out laughing. I gloated heaps when I beat my brothers or cousins in anything, happy dance and all!

"She will be moved here as is customary with training the future leaders of another pack. Which will also ensure the safety of our pack because these sort of kids are somewhat more... volatile... than the average wolf. And we all know what the average wolves are like. Mathew will assist me in teaching her the other duties that come with the position. Miri will take her along to teach her the duties of the Luna. She will be brought in at a basic level and trained as a warrior which is all that will be told to anyone not in this room now. A female warrior is not completely unheard off even if we have so few of them. Our pack has none so it is acceptable and understandable that the Luna takes her under her wing. I don't make it a habit to invite so many opinions but I would like to know if that is workable?"

"Why let us know?" Harry, my cousin asked, he'd had his first change last night just like me, he was eight days older.
"You are a well respected family with a lot of ties in our wider community. You are known as a tight family without internal feuds. Not including her whole family would create discomfort for her brothers and parents. But it does not go beyond the people here now from our pack in any way shape or form!" The magic of the command bound everyone, not just my cousin.

"Is she Matt's mate?" Drew asked boldly.
Mathew answered with a smirk. "She'd wish!"
The rest of my family as well as the Luna glared at him as I looked at him, stunned.
"Dude! That's so not true. I told you... my mate will be anything but average!"
Drew laughed. "He'd have to be special if he's going to be with you for life! But that's alright then..." He turned to face Matt. "I was just worried about you, there's no way you'd be good enough for my little sister bro, no offense."
"You remember who wiped the floor with your whole class right?" Matt grinned proudly, making a point.
"Yeah, that was you." Drew replied undeterred, still smirking at Matt. "But when she came to visit me at training she didn't even fight them and she had the whole place on their knees."
Matt groaned because it wasn't a lie as far as he could tell, he might have even heard about the girl that all the warriors bowed to. We all laughed at Matts face.