Chapter 20

Dedicated to everyone that has come this far and voted to let me know you like it....
Thank you for voting, it might seem like a tiny thing and so easy but I'd like to let you know it means so much :)
XG
---

By the time he straightened out there were seven other men in a straight line facing away from me, effectively keeping Niko from coming to me.

"I just wanted to say fare thee well little Alpha. We are just a border away to your north should you require my assistance in anything. Please have your party within the week, as is customary."

I pushed past the men, they let me. "Thank you Niko. For everything." I gave him a hug and a quick kiss on his cheek. "Make sure you dress up old man." I told him teasingly. He chuckled, patted my head and returned to his car. I waved them off before focusing on the people around me. Five men that came with me and eight men that came to pick us up. The warriors probably responded to the howl I'd released, they were just the closest patrols.

"So... hi... I'm Ariel Wilson. Your new Alpha." I said with a smile.

The first man to respond was an old mountain of a man. He dropped to the ground before me. He had scars across his chest and his back, he didn't speak right away as he looked up at me. "Please. Get up." I told him and gently put my hand on his shoulder. "What's your name?"

"Rodriguez, Alpha Wilson Sir.., ma'am.'

"Rodriguez, I'm going to assume that you are one of the main men that help the pack warriors. You look like you've won a few battles. So let me start by saying thank you and introduce you to Callen. He's going to share the responsibility of running that side of things from now on."

Callen stepped forward and introduced himself to the man. His worry was nagging in my link and I decided to try linking with all the men around me. It worked, I felt all of them clearly and it eased my unrest because I now knew what they were worried about.

"Yes. Things will change." I told them. "It won't be easy and it won't be fast but things will change. Callen will help with the warriors. Axle will be helping me with the general pack matters and your previous Betas will retain their positions. My brother Andrew is currently still a Beta but he will be taking a position with the running of the patrols, working under Callen. I will be adding one other pack member within the next few days. My cousin requested to join, he's also a warrior and he will be part of my personal guard for functions. As you can probably guess and may have heard by now. I'm a new Alpha, new bloodline to be precise. I've never had a pack and I feel your questions.. please don't be afraid to ask them."

"Just how young are you?" Rodriguez mumbled softly. I smiled at him. "I'm turning nineteen next week. My first change was almost a year ago. I've been put through Alpha training, scout training and warrior drills every day for the last year and accept that I know next to nothing. I will also promise you... I will be working closely with the whole pack to make sure everyone is taken care off properly." I felt the disbelieve from a couple of them. Thinking I would be dead before the next moon. My wolf entered my voice making it lower. "We are one. We will love and care for all that is ours but do not mistake our love for weakness... for it will be your last mistake. I killed your previous Alpha and I will kill any that challenge me."

The memory I presented into the link was of the moment when I had killed the wolf and then looked up at the dying heart in my fist raised above the body of their previous Alpha. The blood dripping down my arm as the last beat gave way to death I let them experience the savage joy that had torn a triumphant howl from my throat before I flashed forward to the moment after my shower when all the Betas and my brother had been around me, at my feet in submission. Their change and that Axle had not changed yet still submitted to me without defiance. I didn't let them see how an Elder had been killed on my behalf.