Chapter 3: Basement troubles

Taylor carried the flashlight and keys so I was left carrying the pocket knife and cookies in my backpack. Yeah, I always bring my backpack around.

Just as we were going to head out to find the so-called 'basement,' my cell phone rang. This is SO not the time.

"Hello?!" I said as I picked up.

"Kristen! Thank God you're alive. And Taylor?" It was my agent, Joe.

"He's here. Would you like to speak to him?"

"Not right now, no. There's no time. You must get moving! Go to the basement of the hotel that you're in. Or have you already?!"

"We were about to start going." I whispered to Taylor, "Well, I guess you're not wrong on this one after all." He smirked.

"You better hurry then! This is serious. It seems to have been that a virus has spread causing these people to turn into and act like this. Like, like a zombie apocalypse. Have you seen what happens if you're bitten by one?!"

"Yeah, and it's horrifying!"

"You and Taylor better get going or you're gonna get caught by one. Just, try to stay alive, okay Kristen? Stick with Taylor, bring your cellphone and we'll get help ASAP! Get the keys too from the main office because the basement door is locked! And...don't make a lot of noise if they're around. They perk up to noise. Hey, on the bright side, if you make it back alive, you can start filming Breaking Dawn!" He chuckled and then hung up abruptly. Haha, very funny, Joe. Well, at least it's a good thing I charged my phone last night.

I looked over at Taylor, who was already walking down the stairs. He was signalling for me to come.

It was like a maze down there. There were so many paths that we didn't know which to take.

"There must be some sign of directions here. Try looking for a map or switch." said Taylor.

"There's no sign of any of those here." We're doomed.

Something caught my eye. I saw a some engravings carved on the walls. I walked over to them and dusted off the dust.

"Oh my gosh, Taylor! There's arrows in the walls. All we have to do is follow them!" I hoped it was that simple.

"Smart girl."

We started walking for a couple minutes, with the flashlight guiding us and finally made it to the door of the entrance. Taylor was about to stick the key in the hole when he stopped.

"What's wrong, Taylor?"

"I don't know which one it is." There were at least 20 keys.

He was trying the keys when suddenly, we heard footsteps running down the stairs.

"TAYLOR! THEY'VE CAUGHT UP TO US! HURRY UP!"

We started panicking because the footsteps were getting closer. A sudden rush of relief ran through me when the door opened.

"GET IN, KRISTEN, GET IN."

We were about to close the door when the footsteps had arrived in front of us. They were no zombies but a family of four. A dad, mom and two sisters.

The dad spoke. "PLEASE LET US IN! Please. They've gotten in the hotel and we don't know where else to go."

Taylor and I looked at each other with an insured look. Sigh. We decided to let them in with us. Taylor closed the door and locked it. Tightly.

We all sat down and looked at one another. Well, this was unexpected.

Taylor was the first one to speak. "You guys haven't been bitten or contaminated or anything, right?"

"No, but we were close to being bitten."

"What happened?" I jumped in saying.

"We were just taking a walk around the block when, I mean, they just popped out! Luckily, my husband had his work bag and so he hit it. Again and again and again. It almost bit her, we almost lost her," pointing to her daughter.

"That was lucky. At least you're alive now," I said.

Silence occurred.

Taylor wrapped his arm around me which made me feel less tense and worried. Boy, he can make everyone and everything fall for him. I can't but notice his amazing muscular arms. I shook my head a bit. No, not at a time like this.

I spoke up again, since we were all going to be together for a long time. Well, I hoped, if the 'things' don't get one of us first. "I'm Kristen, and this is my best friend Taylor," while pointing at him.

"I'm John, this is my wife, Caroline, my younger daughter, Julie, and my older daughter, Casey. Julie's six years old and Casey's eight."

I saw Casey's eyes widen. "Oh my gosh! You guys are in twilight! I love that movie and I love how you two act! My favourite characters are Bella and Jacob! ...She kept rambling on and on. Her dad covered her mouth and just said, "She's a really big fan of you guys," and he got a laugh out of it.

"Aww, well thanks for being a fan," said Taylor.

"Anyways, we'd like to thank-"

A loud thump on the door cut John off.

_______________________________________________

This chapter was extremely boring, I know. There's too much diologue, I know also. I'm just trying to update and write more because I'm on my Christmas break and I only have one week left. ): So yeah. School's going to be very hectic when I get back because of the exams coming soon. Anyways, during that time, I won't be able to write because I have to study.

Hope you guys enjoy my fanfiction! Remember to vote and follow and please comment what you think of this!