Chapter 1 - How It All Started

I'm out of sight, I'm out of might

I'll leave it all for you in time,

And of all these things I've done

I think I love you better now... Ed Sheeran, Lego House ----->>>

Chapter 1 - How It All Started

"Leon?" Sarah called, looking at me while I drove.

"Hmm?" I kept my eyes on the road. She'd kill me if I didn't.

"Do you like to ride Ferris Wheels?" she asked expectantly.

I just shrugged and let out a snort. To be honest, heights had been my worst nightmare since forever but I'd rather not let her know that. I had a reputation to uphold, thank you very much. Plus, she was being unreasonable. I said I'd take her to the Prom. I've already had everything planned out. Ugh, crud. What should I do? Drag her all the way to the Prom? I'd need a burlap sack and gags just in case she struggled.

"I'm thinking, hmm... popcorn. Instead of the Prom, we could go there instead... when you come home?" she teased. At least it sounded like that to me.

"Where?" I faked innocence.

"To the amusement park," she told me with a smile.

How could I say no to that? She looked like she was gonna cry if I go on about convincing her to go to the Prom with me. All of a sudden, I remembered the first time I saw her wear high heels in California. Her shoe just flew off her foot like a mini torpedo before crashing on a vase. The look on Sarah's face was priceless! Something that said, "No please! I don't wanna go to juvie!"

I let out a laugh. Good thing she didn't ask why.

"I'll miss you," she said.

"I'll miss you more." I replied knowing that I'd always come back for her no matter what.

A year later...

My kind, we live a painfully dreary life. But there's lots of it. And believe me-there are things far worse than dying.

I rubbed my temples and tossed the script on the table. It was hard to be in character when I couldn't help but get distracted. It was the first of June-Sarah's eighteenth birthday. I promised I'd celebrate it with her. But I messed it up again. Just like graduation and homecoming and pretty much all the other promises I made in the past year.

If there was one thing I hated about myself, it would be that I let her down all of the time. Sarah had been nothing but understanding about my work even if I hadn't spent much time with her for the past few months. She was such a saint, really. Maybe she'd be nominated for canonization next year.

As much as I loved to be with her all the time, I had commitments-an album launching and an upcoming movie about a three-hundred year old vampire who had fallen in love with the daughter of a vampire hunter. Ugh. To this date, I couldn't understand why Moira, my former secretary slash new manager, accepted the project for me. She knew I don't do romance.

Just thinking about it made my neck itch. Maybe I'd have the hives.

They could make me do everything-cry like an idiot, do dangerous stunts or gory fight scenes. But no one could make me kiss another girl, even if it was just a job. Surely, Sarah wouldn't make a fuss about it but I wouldn't be able to look her straight in the eyes if I did.

I know, I know. I hadn't been like this before I met her. Whether it was a job-and most often not-I'd gladly do it just as long as the girl was hot. But now... I dunno. Maybe I lost my man- mojo.