Chapter 27

I just wrote this in one sitting. I've spent so long unsure where to go with this book/editing. I just read all 26 chapters and realized I know what I want to do. Here are 4,000 words.

PS: New cover. Watcha think? 

 Enjoy - A xx 

Harry's expectations of a semester break that is therapeutic immediately is thrown out the window once he arrives home. After spending the morning with Niall, discussing his life options and how to deal with the ever-evolving situation with Louis, he decides to spend time with his mum. He did a fair job at pushing her away after his trauma, and Harry knew Anne did not deserve that. He loved his mother and he wanted to be transparent with her about his emotions. She raised him to treat people with kindness and he realises he needs to implement it more in his life.

As Harry's slowly making his way up the front steps, his mind is running a million miles an hour. The walk home he has been playing the Louis situation over and over, and he still does not have a solution to the problem. But as he nears the front door, it swings open. Harry's immediately frozen in place as he watches his mother walk out the door followed by an older looking man. His mother is smiling and laughing happily, something that Harry has not genuinely witnessed in far too long. She shakes the man's hand and thanks him as he goes to leave. Harry locks eyes with her, and then the man turns to him.

"Harry! This is Darren, our real estate agent,".

"Hi Harry, how are you going? I was just having a look at your lovely home," Darren outstretches a hand, and Harry hesitantly shakes it.

"Hey, nice to meet you," Harry says slowly, frowning and looking back at his mother.

Darren drops his hand after shaking and starts to walk down the stairs, but quickly turns back towards Harry and Anne.

"I'll get in contact with you soon Anne about the settling offer, it was lovely talking with you today," He waves.

Harry quickly walks inside and while his mother is saying goodbye, he lets the words sink in. He can feel the hairs raising on every inch of his body when the reality starts to dawn on him. But there was not a chance in hell his mother would be selling this house. She had not even mentioned it. Harry has to sit down on the stairs and take a deep breath. He anxiously bounces his knee as he watches his mother return inside. As soon as she closes the door, she exhales loudly and mentally prepares herself for a serious chat.

"Settlement offer? What exactly is he meaning mum?" Harry locks eyes with mother, voice low and wavering.

Anne suddenly looks and feels so small, and Harry can feel the guilt radiating off her as she offers him a gentle smile and sits next to him on the stairs.

"As your mother, it is my duty to protect you. There have been many aspects of your life that has changed so drastically the last few months and I feel like there's so much hurt and damage here. I've done a fair bit of thinking and I think for the sake of your mental health and safety we start over,".

Harry stays silent, while he tries to muster up enough words to even make a sentence. He closes his eyes and his chest suddenly feels like it is being crushed.

"I know that you've got your good friends Niall and Ed. But with the severity of the situation with Nick, the bullying at school and your own mental health plummeting, I need to step up and protect you. I have only got a small window of time before you are not my baby anymore. But I will never stop protecting you Harry. I love you,".

Harry finally finds his voice, although his mouth is sandpaper dry.

"And you think that by uprooting away from my best friends in my senior years of high school and starting over again, that I'll magically be better? You don't think that I'm going to negatively impacted even more?".