Love At It's Finest

Alec sat on the couch in Magnus’ loft; well really it was now his and Magnus’ loft since they moved in with one another. After Magnus had proposed, they both made the decision that it made no sense for Alec to remain at the Institute when he already spent every night at Magnus’. A few days later, the warlock helped Alec move his few belongings.

“I do not care what you say; I am not wearing gold Alexander.” Magnus walked into the living room from the kitchen where he had made tea. They were spending their evening discussing wedding plans. A problem occurred when Magnus wanted a normal mundane like wedding and Alec wanted a traditional Shadowhunter wedding.

“You can wear black and I will wear gold.” Alec was willing to do all he needed to, to compromise.

“That could work.” Magnus sat down on the couch beside him and kissed him slowly. “Are you looking forward to marrying me?”

Alec looked at him wide eyed for a moment before composing himself. “Why would you even have to ask that? I am in love with you and I want nothing more than to be married to you.”

“I just wanted to make sure; I don’t want it to be as if I am forcing you to marry me.”

Alec was worried that Magnus was starting to get cold feet. “I want to marry you.” Alec leaned over and kissed Magnus slowly and carefully. He was trying to convey through the kiss, just how important their love was. Alec didn’t want anything else in life then to marry his warlock. They were once person and nothing was ever going to tear them apart.

“Then let’s just get married in Vegas. It’s quick and it doesn’t require all the planning. We will be married before you know it.” Alec didn’t know what was up with Magnus but he was acting all urgent about everything.

“Magnus, we can have a normal wedding. Please tell me why you are saying all of this.” Alec wrapped an arm around him and pulled him closer, trying to comfort him.

“I have been alive for years Alexander but I have never once been married. It’s something I have never experienced and it is getting to me. I want to marry you more than anything else but I am just getting scared that the wedding may not go as we want.”

Alec sighed quietly and got up from the couch, taking Magnus’ hand. “Come to the bedroom with me, we’ll go to bed and when you wake up tomorrow, this will be all out of your head.”

Magnus got up from the couch and went with Alec to the bedroom, then slipped into bed quietly. It was different for Alec as he was being the calm one. This was the first time he had to play the stronger person in the relationship and he liked it. There was a sense of Magnus needing him but he was also concerned because of just how scared Magnus seemed. Alec slipped into the bed after him and wrapped his arms around Magnus’ waist.

“I am in love with you Magnus.” He kissed the back of his neck and remained with his arms wrapped around him until Magnus fell asleep.