The Problem With Frank Iero

'(Y/n)? Time to go.'
I hesitantly lifted my eyelids, suddenly seeing Frank smiling at me. I looked around, realising I was in my old bedroom. I immediately shot up and looked around worriedly before asking what happened. 'You slept here. Everyone else is at their own homes.' He grinned as I got to my feet and looked around. I noticed Frank wearing my dads old suit jacket that was too small for him. It fit Frank perfectly and I decided to ask him about it.
'Is that my dads?'
'Oh, yeah. I was cold and one of the guards gave it to me and said that it wouldn't fit your dad, even if he was alive.' Frank took my hand in his and we both began to exit the house. Everyone and everything was gone except for bits of large furniture that I presumed were going to be taken out later. I tried to recall what happened when I got there but was only met with a surreal dream with my father kidnapping me. It bugged me that the window in my room matched the one in my dream but I only shrugged it off, assuming that once I saw it in real life it followed me into my dream.
'What about my things?' I asked as Frank opened the car door for me.
'I told them to donate it. They finished early and left just before I woke you up. Everything is fine and taken care of, okay? Let's just go home and you can sleep there.'

I had laid in that bed for an infinite amount of time before I realised I wouldn't be able to rest that easily. I sighed, watching the ceiling fan above the bed spin rapidly. I looked over to see the numbers on the bedside clock I had brought for myself. It was 10:00 in the morning and I wasn't in the mood to be awake. I decided to get up and see what Frank was doing. I slung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up, suddenly realising that my head was throbbing madly. I stumbled to the door a gently pulled it open, stepping into the hall. I saw light peek out from under the bathroom door that was beside our bedroom. I placed my hand on the handle and opened the door. My eyes widened, stomach churned and mind began to spin. Frank was wearing a white, button up shirt with his sleeves drenched in blood. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and I watched as Frank unbuttoned his shirt. I took a step back after seeing a bloodied knife on the floor and my body began to tremble. Frank looked over at me and gulped loudly. Before he could say anything, I bolted out of the hall screaming.
'Leave me alone!'
I could hear Frank come up behind me quickly. As I reached for the front door, I felt Frank grab my arms from behind and wrap them around me. I shook my head and tried desperately to free myself from the crazy mans grasp but it was no use. I was too weak.
'(Y/n), please, I won't hurt you. I can explain. Please just trust me...' He calmly mumbled after I wore out my own voice.
'No! Let me go!'
'(Y/n) if I didn't kill them you would've been trapped in that horrid house forever! Please, just listen to me!' He begged. My whole body quivered with fear as I saw Franks bloody sleeves pressed against my arms.
'D-Don't hurt me...' I sniffled, beginning to feel myself tear up.
'I would never, please just let me explain...' Frank gently let go of me. I wanted to run, I wanted to bolt out of that house and never go back but some part of me knew that I needed Frank to survive. I turned around, still refusing to look at Frank. 'I-I work for the mafia. I-I'm a hitman for them. I kill people like your dad...h-he was selling women and I was asked to eliminate him...' Frank stared at his feet in shame as I spoke.
'Why didn't you tell me about this?' I complained.
'Because I didn't want you to leave. I understand if you want to go but...know that I love you. I love you (Y/n).' He admitted. I had never herd him say that he loved me or anyone else before. It was almost intoxicating to hear him finally say it. I finally began to cry but not out of fear, out of happiness.
'I...did you really kill someone for me?'
'Yes, belle...I, well...I filled out the contract and killed your father, I actually tried to kill him just after you came here but I guess he survived. I don't know how he survived but he did. He stole you and used you to lure me there but I killed him again, along with his whole security team. But, please know that I never knew he was your dad until you told me. I-'
'It's okay...but, was it real? Did he really kidnap me?' I asked, finally looking at my ashamed boyfriend.
'He did...I'm sorry...if I could've saved you any other way I-'
'Thank you!' I shouted, jumping onto him. Frank fell onto his butt as I climbed onto his lap and cried loudly. 'Thank you so much! I'm sorry I ran! I'm sorry! Thank you!' Tears were falling from my eyes like a waterfall and they were beginning to seep through Franks shirt. I forgot everything Frank had said about the mafia, about hitmen, about killing my dad. Well, not forgot, I just suddenly didn't care. In reality, Frank had saved my life and I was not going to leave him for doing something so beautiful.
I was so in love.

I eventually got used to Franks job and even found it a bit amusing. He'd come home, tell me about his day and it was nice. He was nice. Even for someone who once had to drown a man in sulphuric acid just to prove a point, he was nice. I began to find his work antics amusing. He'd joke about how much people screamed and though at first it seemed a bit weird, I quickly realised why he did it. His boss was a quiet, edgy man named Michael Way. He ran everything. He made sure his family stayed financially secure no matter how many graves he had to dig. I found it very courageous, distributing weapons, drugs and stopping delinquent criminals even if it was quite hypocritical. His brother, Gerard Way was a nice man, scary nice in fact. He took care of the money. He'd give a list of names to Frank and his buddy Ray so that they knew who to hunt down for profit. The names were usually people who were screwing them over and robbing them with the promise that they'll pay them back. However, Ray mostly tool care of the ones that were overseas. Frank disposed of the people who were damaging Mikeys market and would sometimes do private jobs for coworkers and people who were willing to pay handsomely on the side. There were others who worked under Mikeys business, sure but they were the main four. I had met them all, except Mikey. Apparently he rarely showed his face to anybody which was strange because one day, he showed up at my door.
Frank and I had moved to New Jersey and, as I was finishing off the unpacking, there was a loud zap outside. That was when it happened. The lights in the house turned off suddenly and I could hear soft footsteps approaching the living room, which was where I resided. My heart pounded against my ribcage as I tiptoed to the kitchen and grabbed one of the large knifes that were drying next to the sink. I heard low breathing enter the lounge room and I held my breath. My body was trembling erratically as I peeked into the lounge, only to see a man searching behind the couches for anyone.
If only Frank had come home sooner.