Chapter 2

Lauren POV

"They are on to us." I whisper to Lucy once I find her, leaving the girls in the room. "They brought it up multiple times today and tonight."

Lucy as usual is calm. "What did they say exactly?"

I don't say anything until we get to the Uber that is taking us to our hotel we are staying at tonight.

"Well earlier, Normani asked why I was bouncing off the walls. I guess I was a little energetic..." I recall the earlier part of the day. "I told her I was happy that my friend would be at the show or something along those lines."

Lucy playfully rolls her eyes. "Friend? What friends kiss each other the way we do?"

I stare at my girlfriend with a knowing look. "We did... when we were younger and before we both were ready to be official."

I use both lightly because it was really me who took the time.

"Right." Lucy chuckles. "Anyways, back to what you were saying?"

"Ally." I spoke to loudly, causing the driver to jump along with a swerve. "She basically called me out saying you have been at a lot of shows recently. I might have snapped on her and said sorry for being happy. You know... something dramatic."

Lucy shakes her head. "Lauren Jauregui being dramatic? I would have never guessed."

"Shut up." I sarcastically demand her. "I stormed out and found you after that earlier. I know for a fact when I was gone they all were discussing their thoughts on the whole situation."

"How do you know that?"

Before I could say anything, the car stops and our driver is starting at us. "Here you are ladies."

I look out the window and see our hotel. Lucy and I both grab our bags and head in.

Once we get checked in and head up the elevator, I continue. "I know them, so I know there were. There is no way they would just let it go, especially with Ally's subtle suspicion."

"How do you think that went?"

I think of the four girls for a moment and how I personally think the conversation went.

"I think Normani would have been the hardest to get on their side with thinking we are a couple. Normani is very defensive when it comes to me and she does not buy into rumors or assumptions."

We get to our floor and walk to our room. Once I set my stuff down, I wrap my arms around Lucy's neck.

"You are so pretty." I alter my voice like a little kid. "I'm so happy you are able to be here as much as you are."

My stomach sinks at the thought that eventually Lucy will have to go back to school.

Snapping out of my thoughts, my lips were being met by a pair of soft ones.

Lucy pulls back slowly and walks over to the bed. "Do you think Normani and all the girls agree that we are dating?"

"Yes." I take a seat beside her. "I need to talk to them. I want them to hear directly from me instead. If it was the other way around, I would be pissed if it was confirmed by an outside source."

Lucy takes my hand in hers. "Are you sure you are?"

"I've been ready." I'll her truthfully. "I think the only reason why I haven't told them is because I don't want to lose my privacy, especially the both of us. It feels like once you tell ne person the media finds out and bam... they are all in our faces."