Chapter 4

Lauren POV

The room was quiet and all eyes were now on Lucy and me. Before Lucy goes into telling them about our past, I needed to say something.

"I don't know if you guys ever picked up on anything about my relationship with Lucy in the past, but it was never "normal". It was always different from my other relationships with my other friends. I don't know how to explain it exactly, but there was almost something more there. There was something deeper, there was more touching and our feelings were always all over the place and we...or I should say I, never knew how to deal with it."

The girls nod and I turn to Lucy.

"I am going to let Lucy take it from here. There was so much that happened and I was in deep denial and I know I hurt Lucy so much that I'd rather her tell you what she feels comfortable with and at her own pace."

All the girls look intrigued to know more, so I look at Lucy for her to continue to talk. "Like Lauren said, our relationship was never a normal friendship. I can say for myself, I realized this before she went on X-Factor. Lauren started dating this guy named Paul. When they started dating was when I first realized that I felt something towards Lauren more than a friendship. We were young, so I didn't say anything to her or anyone else about it. I put it on the back burner and was there for Lauren when she wanted to talk about him. I hurt every time Lauren would talk about Paul and tell me about their dates, but I listened. I was determined on Lauren never finding out that I liked her."

Lucy pauses for a moment and goes on with talking.

"Paul and Lauren eventually broke up. On the inside I was happy, but on the outside I was a supportive friend to Lauren. Luckily for my heart, Lauren wasn't too hung up on him. Her focus was more on trying out for X-Factor. Lauren, I always thought, had what it took but she didn't always believe in herself. Lauren would put herself down any way she could, whether it was her saying she wasn't physically attractive or her saying she couldn't sing. I constantly tried to build her up and what not."

Flashback....
- During the X Factor –

Lucy POV

"Would you stop watching it!" Vero pushes my hand down that my phone was in. "Why are you so addicted to a boring interview?"

I hit my lock screen so the video will stop. I look over at Vero who I forgot was here until she talked.

"Do you think Camila is pretty?"

Vero raises a brow. "She is cute, why?"

I shrug. "I don't know. In all these interviews Lauren and Camila seem to be attached at the hip."

Vero studies me. "Are you jealous that Lauren found a friend while she is away? It's a good thing considering Camila is in a group with Lauren."

"I'm not jealous!" I state. "They seem to be very close already..."

I try to hint out at something hoping Vero would catch on.

"Lauren didn't take long to get close to Keaton either." I slap her in the shoulder for saying that. "What? You know it's true. They are dating."

I sit up as anger fills me up. "Lauren is not dating him. She is only friends with him. She told me that herself! All the other crap is just lies."

"Woah." Vero puts her hands up. "Calm down. What has gotten into you?"

I don't say anything as I stare down at the floor trying my hardest to keep it together.

"Luce, talk to me." She pleads. "Are you upset that Lauren has new friends?"