Chapter 5

Lauren's POV

People say that 2016 was an awful year. I can agree that it has been pretty bad in various aspects—several aspects, actually. I mean besides all of the awful things, there is that joke of a man running for office. I'm honestly scared that he might win, but my personal hell was in 2014 for sure. It was the most awful year of my life and that's because I didn't have Lucy. That year I was struggling hard with that, my sexuality, the fans pointing out things that I was trying hard to pretend to myself that were not happening or not true.

Lucy looks at me with those beautiful chocolate eyes sweet and apologetic, and whispers, "I love you."

She gives me a quick peck on the lips and holds the hand that I have on top of her shoulder. "It's all good now."

She whispers again while still having her lips over mine and I smile, feeling the usual security that she gives me as I mouth "thank you" to her.

Dinah groans. "Ugh. You guys are making me sick, I have no doubts I'm leaving this room as a diabetic thanks to you two."

The whole room laughs at her as Normani says. "Well I'm gonna have to go with Dinah this time and now that I see you two I'm wondering how in heavens name didn't we see it before?"

I see Ally's hand shoot up "Excuse me, but I called it a long time ago."

"Me too! Y'all didn't want to believe us, but we called it." Dinah claims.

Camila's turn. "If I'm being honest I knew there was probably something more going on, but I never said anything because I didn't want to make you two feel uncomfortable"

"Damn girl, you could at least have sided with us." Dinah gets on Camila.

"Sorry"

Normani pouts. "Okay this is not fair, I don't understand why I never realized anything."

I look at Normani. "That's not a bad thing, Mani. Don't be disappointed we were very very low key. Keana went to Hawaii with us and she never realized there was something going on."

"And she still wouldn't know when we left Hawaii if someone could keep it together and didn't try to steal kisses all the time." Lucy rolls her eyes and the girls laugh.

Ally puts her hand up to stop us from talking. "Wait. You were in the closet and you still were stealing kisses in public? Girl, you always knew you liked to live dangerously, but that's a new level."

I start laughing. "It wasn't like that, Lucy went to Hawaii only for 3 days so we could spend some time together, so when was time for her to leave I wanted to take her to the airport and Keana insisted on going with us so I wouldn't go back to the hotel alone. And I wasn't really sure when I'd see Lucy again, because I wasn't sure at the time if I'd be able to go to New Orleans before having to go to LA for rehearsals."

"And Lauren had the brilliant idea to tell Keana to park the car while I was going through the check in and dispatched my luggage, but I had no luggage to dispatch and Keana is not an idiot." Lucy says looking at me as she looks back at the girls. "So Lauren pulled me over to corner even before I could do the checking and you guys know what happened."

" You didn't complain at the time." I say making a face and Lucy looks at me smiling.

"I'm not complaining right now either, babe." She kisses my jaw and I can't help the smile on my face.

"So Keana who was thinking we were acting "weird" during the weekend left the car with a valet and came after us like 2 minutes after that... she caught us kissing."

Dinah perks up with an evil grin graced on her face. "I see, kind of like I caught you two on the bus."

I throw the empty water bottle I had in my hand towards her.