Chapter One

I changed all kinds of stuff, but don't worry. I use bad words in this thang and this is my first story. Enjoyy!!!

~Lucy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~Natsu's POV~~

"Luce!"

The blonde haired mage turned around in her bed and wearily opened her eyes. They widened when she saw us. Happy, the blue Exceed, smiled as Gray Fullbuster smirked. I gave Lucy a huge grin.

Lucy growled, but surprisingly did not kick us. Instead, she yelled, "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THREE DOING HERE?!"

Gray covered his ears. "Geez, do you have to be so loud first thing in the morning?" He complained.

"YES, BECAUSE YOU THREE ARE IN MY BEDROOM, IN MY HOUSE, AND ARE STARING AT ME AS I SLEEP!!" The blonde screeched angrily.

"Sorry," Gray muttered. "It was all Natsu's idea."

I glared at him as the ice wizard pointed at me. I felt Lucy's glare, and I chuckled nervously, knowing that I was about to face the wrath of Lucy's "Lucy Kick."

Sure enough, Lucy kicked me in the nuts. I groaned in pain.

"What do you guys want?" Lucy muttered.

I got up and said, "We're going on a job, wanna come?"

Lucy yawned. "No thanks," she said. "I don't feel good."

I rushed to her and started to feel her forehead for any signs of fever. "Are you sick?" I asked.

Lucy sighed. "No, I just have a stomach ache..."

Before I could say anything, Gray stepped in.

"Do you want me to stay behind and help you?" Gray asked. I scowled at him. He knew that I was about to ask Lucy if I would be any help.

Lucy smiled and nodded, and I cursed at Gray, who ushered us off.

Happy followed me as I jumped out of Lucy's window, Lucy shouting. I was irritated that Gray was staying and I wasn't, and I was also a bit jealous. Gray knew that I liked Lucy, and I knew he liked her too. Happy knew also, and so did Mira and Erza. They said it was too obvious.

"Maybe when we're done, we can go and hang out with Lucy," Happy suggested. I knew he was trying try make me feel better, and it worked.

Gray's POV

That asshole. Always trying to steal my Lucy. But now that pyro's gone, and I get to stay-alone-with my beloved nakama.

I studied Lucy's features as she sat down at the table, getting ready for breakfast. Perfect long, blond hair and creamy skin. I hated the fact that Lucy didn't like anyone. Yet. I had my heart set on winning Lucy.

Natsu always had Lucy's back. I fell in love with Lucy when I met her. I was practically naked, and she had hit me, displeased. Natsu would never go on a job without Lucy, and he would never come back to the guild without her. Natsu was always with Lucy, and that irritated me.

She was really gorgeous and kind. She had inherited Natsu's stubbornness (why can't she inherit something from MEE) and wouldn't leave a guildmate behind. Every wizard in the guild admired her. Lucy would turn any sad day into a fun day by just saying something out loud.

I shook myself out of my thoughts. Lucy was already finished with her food and was heading for her bedroom, probably to rest again. After all, Natsu did wake her up a bit early. I followed Lucy, watching her every step.

"I can take care of myself," Lucy announced. I looked up and her face was filled with annoyance.

I blushed slightly. "Sorry," I said. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm okay now," Lucy replied. "Thanks for sticking with me."

I turned a deeper shade of red and I turned away.

"What do I do now?" I asked.

"Track down Natsu and go on that job with him."

"Come along."

"No thanks. The last thing I need is to hang out again with that asshole. He's so overprotective."

I was surprised by the complaint.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" I asked again, worried.

Lucy rolled her eyes, telling me the answer. Then she looked at me for a second, took a step forward, and gave me a hug. She then waved me off and vanished into her bedroom. I stood there alone in the kitchen until I defroze and walked out of the house so Lucy wouldn't get too disturbed.

Outside, I did a fist pump.

Natsu's POV

"Goddammit, I smell an ice boy," I muttered as a certain raven-haired teenager peered into view. To be honest, I smelled him a mile away.

Gray rolled his eyes.

"Wasn't a certain bitch supposed to keep Lucy company?!" I asked very loudly. What?! I was worried!!

Gray rolled his eyes again.

"Give me an answer, Elsa!" I yelled impatiently. Happy tapped my shoulder, reminding me to stay calm. I took a deep breath.

Gray started to blush, and I got a bad feeling. Then he whispered so lowly that I couldn't hear.

"....."

"WHAT?"

"......"

"WHAT? SPEAK LOUDER!"