Chapter Two

Gray's POV

We had just gotten back from the job and we headed for Lucy's house. As always, Natsu was being a pain, bragging about how he used his magic power. I knew he was about to brag to Lucy about it, too. Typical Natsu.

"Yo, Luce!" Natsu yelled, jumping through her bedroom window. Happy and I decided to go though the door. When we went in, Lucy was in bed and when she saw us, she gave us a kick in the nuts, cursing.

I groaned in pain. "What was that for?" I yelled. "I came in through the door."

"BUT YOU STILL WALTZED IN MY HOUSE!" Lucy yelled angrily. Then she gave me a faint smile. "I'm surprised you took the door. Unlike some baka."

Natsu looked up at her. "Sorry..." He muttered softly.

Lucy smiled at him and held out her hand to him. Natsu looked up at her in surprise and took it. I scowled and he shot me a taunting look.

Lucy pulled him up, leaving me to fend for myself. I stood up and shot Natsu a look. "Hey Lucy...wanna go down to the beach with me?" I asked quickly.

Lucy blushed slightly. "Oh...uh...sure, why not?" She murmured loud enough for Natsu and a quiet Happy to hear.

I smiled and held out my hand to her. Lucy turned red and took it. I smiled at her, leading her out of her house and leaving Natsu.

We started to walk along the river in front of Lucy's place. It was almost sunset. I held her hand tightly as I stared at our interlocked fingers happily. I finally have Lucy! I thought.

The reason why I'm always trying to spend time with her is because Natsu and Lucy have known each other for a very long time (for ten years, in fact) and they were really close. Lucy and Natsu have each other's backs. Natsu even forgot about Lisanna, a girl he made friends with before Lucy made an appearance in his life.

I've only known Lucy for two years, even though I met her when I was eight. I liked her, but I never had the courage to speak to her, until I was sixteen. Since then, we've been close friends. Lately we've gotten really close. But I could barely speak to her when Juvia's pissing me off and Natsu and Lucy are always on a job.

At last, we arrived at the beach in silence. I took her to a bench and we sat down. It was almost sunset.

"Gray, it's so beautiful..." Lucy gushed as pink and yellow light surrounded the sky. I watched her eyes sparkle and dance.

"That's why I took you here," I said. Lucy looked at me and blushed. I blushed, too.

We stared at the sun falling. I took Lucy's hands, and as stars started to come out with the moon, I pulled Lucy in for a kiss.

Lucy's POV

Dear Mom,

          To be completely honest, I never really liked any of them. Gray and Natsu and Erza and Wendy...Happy, Levy, Mira...Lisanna, Cana, Laxus, Elfman...Gajeel, Mavis, Panther Lily and Carla...Romeo and Macao....master Makarov...oh my gosh, mom. I love them all so much, as a family. I found my new family here. I know I always gush about this, mom. But I must tell you something important.

          I think I like Gray.

          Last night he kissed me, overlooking the sunset.  I kissed him back. It was an amazing night. And I am also getting suspicious.

          Why? Well, Lisanna and Wendy are always telling me that both Gray and Natsu love me. So does Happy and Levy. And Mira, too. I like Natsu, also...but I think I like Gray more. Oh, mom, I'm so confused. I wish you were here so you could help me. I miss you so much.